ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #196 of 4,774
Thank you, sir. I was all excited when you mentioned metal and considering how deep i am into the genre i was like oh Polkadot Cada...oh. Only band i know there is Polyphia.
Oops haha. I had an intensive listening session last night for 3.5 hours straight on the Monarch and metal still sounds great on it even though the mids are slightly laidback.
Testing on "Zetsubou Billy" by Maximum The Hormone

drums and guitar still sound great :thumbsup:

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #197 of 4,774
I almost pulled the trigger for the clair's ("order now and we ship it with DHL express") but I was still a little concerned about the fit of those. I know my S8F's snug fit into my concha and I compared the Clair's to my S8F's. Taking the connector holes as a reference point I can see that the Clair's would never ever fit my ears. And BTW my ears are not tiny as Richard Jefferson's.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-14 um 11.33.22.png

One more comparison between S8F (8BA's) and Clairvoyance. It's not 100% accurate, but pretty close. If your ears average size like mine be aware of the huge shell. I would like to buy the Clair's but I'm sure they will not fit.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-16 um 15.27.10.png

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #198 of 4,774
I almost pulled the trigger for the clair's ("order now and we ship it with DHL express") but I was still a little concerned about the fit of those. I know my S8F's snug fit into my concha and I compared the Clair's to my S8F's. Taking the connector holes as a reference point I can see that the Clair's would never ever fit my ears. And BTW my ears are not tiny as Richard Jefferson's.

Speaking of which (the fit), anyone in this thread who has both Legacy3 and Clairvoyance and could comment on the size and fit in comparison? Since the L3s seem to be a perfect fit for me.

edit: also, should all of these be 2,5mm balanced cable (with 3.5 and 4.4. mm adapters) like in Crinicles Monarch unboxing or is there variance depending on batch/vendor?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #200 of 4,774

Good call, those do look horrible fit-wise

Aug 14, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #202 of 4,774
Neither of the impressions/reviews I've seen mention that the fit is bad, actually.

It's also kind of a weird comparison (is the s8f some sort of fit benchmark?), not to mention pretty subjective.
I was just commenting on the Thieaudio design. Looks like insertion depth will be much different than the average IEM, and the angle of the nozzle might be an issue. Hopefully folks who own one of them can share pictures and chime in

Aug 14, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #204 of 4,774
I was just commenting on the Thieaudio design. Looks like insertion depth will be much different than the average IEM, and the angle of the nozzle might be an issue. Hopefully folks who own one of them can share pictures and chime in

Sure, agree its design is not quite standard and can cause issues!
In general I think more impressions are welcome on these. I've ordered a set, but the seller informed me there's a 5-8 day delay on shipping due to manufacturing. Could be that's the reason not more are flowing in.

Why is this weird? An 8 BA IEM is not tiny. BGGAR mentioned it too. It has a huge shell. But maybe it will fit your (huge) ears.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-14 um 16.32.42.png

True, just saying that as a 1-to-1 comparison it doesn't say much about how it will fit unless you have the s8f and know how it fits. Not saying it isn't potentially problematic, but the entire design hinges on different things it seems.
I hadn't seen that, if he did mention it in the review I didn't catch it, so I thought that wasn't an issue for him.
Don't have large ears (at all, actually), but I've only rarely had problems with the shell itself, moreso the nozzle width (which seems to be agreeable on this set).

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #205 of 4,774
Was screwing around and found out that I could turn the Monarch into... this.

Monarch (100Ω).jpg

(Obviously 100 is too far and most people would probably go for 20-ish , but I'm surprised that the Monarch's bass rise held strong. Also, it's a real funny graph to look at.)

Aug 14, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #206 of 4,774
Was screwing around and found out that I could turn the Monarch into... this.

(Obviously 100 is too far and most people would probably go for 20-ish , but I'm surprised that the Monarch's bass rise held strong. Also, it's a real funny graph to look at.)
It goes to the F#CKING MOON

[edit]
@crinacle if you use 20Ω it keeps that (slight) elevation in the bass to the mids between 180hz to 700hz?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back