ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 3, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #1,951 of 4,753
Wow! Looks like Crin and BGGAR are in agreement. I just got the Clair, but love it, so no regrets at all.

Per Crinacle:
  • … I think the Oracle just made the Clairvoyance obsolete.
  • I don’t think the Oracle is strictly better than the Clairvoyance and similar problems still exist between the two, but in general the $200 premium (almost 40%) of the Clairvoyance over the Oracle is really hard to justify.
  • The Oracle is a bit less resolving… but not by much. Notable differences would be the extra bloom in the bass and slightly more blunted notes, but makes up for it with snappier treble and a slightly more pleasant tonality, at least in my opinion.
  • For the ~$500 market the Oracle positions itself as the IEM to beat. Probably the closest off the top of my head would be the recent Softears RSV, but even that’s $200 extra with arguably worse treble.
  • All that’s really left now is for ThieAudio to tighten up their QC. Don’t disappoint me now.
Following the extended wait times for the Clairvoyance, this pushed me over the edge. I've now cancelled my Clairvoyance pre-order and ordered the Oracle's instead. Wish me luck!

May 3, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,952 of 4,753
Following the extended wait times for the Clairvoyance, this pushed me over the edge. I've now cancelled my Clairvoyance pre-order and ordered the Oracle's instead. Wish me luck!
I don't give up ... I stay on the Clairvoyance I have to pair up with the Monarchs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Then if, from the reviews, they turn out better I take them both together so I will do a double pair. :beyersmile:

May 3, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,953 of 4,753
I don't give up ... I stay on the Clairvoyance I have to pair up with the Monarchs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Then if, from the reviews, they turn out better I take them both together so I will do a double pair. :beyersmile:
Monarch and Clairvoyance pair. You're a lucky man! Now you've got me thinking of using the money I've saved on the Clairvoyances and selling my Moondrop S8's and buying the Monarchs haha

May 3, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #1,954 of 4,753
Monarch and Clairvoyance pair. You're a lucky man! Now you've got me thinking of using the money I've saved on the Clairvoyances and selling my Moondrop S8's and buying the Monarchs haha
You would do well but I would advise you to wait and see if the two newcomers will bring down the price of the two old glories a little... :wink:

May 3, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #1,955 of 4,753
So far both reviews (BGGAR & Crinacle) have been on the Oracle. I'm interested in seeing what the Excalibur is like. I like my Bass IEMs and I wish to see what people have to say on it. After I receive the Monarch I might at some point in the future also get the Excalibur depending on what the impressions on the bass are like.

May 3, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #1,956 of 4,753
h
Interesting. Why would Thieaudio put out an IEM that directly competes with a higher priced model in its own line up?
My guess is that if the manufacturing of the new twins is different, and is better able to keep up with demand, they will be able to sell many more Oracle units. Even if they cannibalize their own sales, it’s still their sales, as opposed to people buying other company’s products.

May 3, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #1,957 of 4,753
h

My guess is that if the manufacturing of the new twins is different, and is better able to keep up with demand, they will be able to sell many more Oracle units. Even if they cannibalize their own sales, it’s still their sales, as opposed to people buying other company’s products.
Great point. I wonder what Moondrop has coming down the pipeline?

May 3, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #1,958 of 4,753
h

What you say is true but still the sound signatures are still somewhat different even if not by a lot so some people might still be interested in getting the Clairvoyance still. People who produce music for instance might still want the Clairvoyance to still hear the details in their music.

May 3, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,959 of 4,753
What you say is true but still the sound signatures are still somewhat different even if not by a lot so some people might still be interested in getting the Clairvoyance still. People who produce music for instance might still want the Clairvoyance to still hear the details in their music.
Certainly, so it becomes a win-win situation for TA. Those that are will to spend the extra money, and are willing to wait, can still get the Clair. Though hopefully, wait times will improve for the Clair.

May 3, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #1,960 of 4,753
h

Yes, but maybe they could have waited at least to have a good production base to be able to sell these iems... I wouldn't want them to start well at the beginning and then there were again problems in the speed of order fulfillment. I don't think an iem with one less balanced armor takes much less time to produce ... selling more often means being able to produce better and faster. They seem to have no problems launching now ... but in a month? Will they be quick to satisfy requests or will the story already seen with the first twins be repeated? We'll see.

May 3, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #1,961 of 4,753
Per Crinacle, “For the ~$500 market the Oracle positions itself as the IEM to beat. Probably the closest off the top of my head would be the recent Softears RSV, but even that’s $200 extra with arguably worse treble.”

In the ~$500 market, I think the main competitors are actually the Dunu EST 112 and the Tansio Mirai Land right now.

May 3, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #1,962 of 4,753
Per Crinacle, “For the ~$500 market the Oracle positions itself as the IEM to beat. Probably the closest off the top of my head would be the recent Softears RSV, but even that’s $200 extra with arguably worse treble.”

In the ~$500 market, I think the main competitors are actually the Dunu EST 112 and the Tansio Mirai Land right now.
The Tansio Mirai Land definitely looks interesting. Have any of the major reviewers got their hands on it yet?

May 3, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #1,963 of 4,753
Wow! Looks like Crin and BGGAR are in agreement. I just got the Clair, but love it, so no regrets at all.

Per Crinacle:
  • … I think the Oracle just made the Clairvoyance obsolete.
  • I don’t think the Oracle is strictly better than the Clairvoyance and similar problems still exist between the two, but in general the $200 premium (almost 40%) of the Clairvoyance over the Oracle is really hard to justify.
  • The Oracle is a bit less resolving… but not by much. Notable differences would be the extra bloom in the bass and slightly more blunted notes, but makes up for it with snappier treble and a slightly more pleasant tonality, at least in my opinion.
  • For the ~$500 market the Oracle positions itself as the IEM to beat. Probably the closest off the top of my head would be the recent Softears RSV, but even that’s $200 extra with arguably worse treble.
  • All that’s really left now is for ThieAudio to tighten up their QC. Don’t disappoint me now.

Cool... Where did you get these quotes? I don't see it on his website.

May 3, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #1,964 of 4,753

Users who are viewing this thread

Back