ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 5, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,984 of 4,736
Gave the Hiby 20ohm impedance adapter with Monarch another shot with a DAP that I hadn't used in a while, the Ibasso DX228 EX version. Way better than using with the Sony ZX507 or Paw S1, so for those that tried it and didn't like the combo maybe try using a brighter source with more power. These might just about settle me for a long while on gear. Works well for low volume listening, then turning it up for when the track calls for some thunder bass. Too bad the DAP battery life is trash
If u want even more thunderous bass, try using the 20ohm impedance adapter with xBass from an xCAN as the amplifier. Your face will be ripped off! =D

May 5, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,986 of 4,736
Where did you guys bought 20ohm adapter?
I got mine from AliExpress. I’ll try and post the link later. At work at the moment.....

May 5, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #1,988 of 4,736
Has anyone had any experience with IFI's iEMatch for the same purpose? Never quite sure if it does the same thing or is just for getting your IEMs to run without hiss, etc.
Yes. I have tried both IEMatch and the impedance adapter extensively. IEMatch is really only meant to reduce hiss. It doesn’t have the same effect as the impedance adapter by altering the FR to elevate bass. Personally, I don’t like IEMatch for the Monarchs. It really doesn’t need it and just causes treble attenuation without enhancing bass by much at all.

May 5, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,989 of 4,736
Gave the Hiby 20ohm impedance adapter with Monarch another shot with a DAP that I hadn't used in a while, the Ibasso DX228 EX version. Way better than using with the Sony ZX507 or Paw S1, so for those that tried it and didn't like the combo maybe try using a brighter source with more power. These might just about settle me for a long while on gear. Works well for low volume listening, then turning it up for when the track calls for some thunder bass. Too bad the DAP battery life is trash
How do you pair it wioth the DX228 and how does it sound?
I'm planning to buy the Monarch right now.

May 5, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,991 of 4,736
Looks like I always go against the flow, I bought Excalibur lol
To be fair that is the one out the two I think I would go for. I like a good amount of bass in my sound.

May 5, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,992 of 4,736
I got mine from AliExpress. I’ll try and post the link later. At work at the moment.....
Is the other place Penon Audio that you can get them from? I don't think Aliexpress ships to the UK.

May 5, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #1,994 of 4,736
Yeah, that's the reason I bought them... Well @AmericanSpirit recommended it tbh and I took his advice :)
I've ordered the Monarch first though. So I am waiting for that first. I might get the Excalibur later on down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back