ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 28, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #1,906 of 4,753
Thanks. I ordered some Xexlastec ones, but I'll have a look at these and see what sizes they come in.
This may be useful:
3F020CC3-6BF2-481B-8051-FA785EB98FF0.png

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,907 of 4,753
This may be useful:
3F020CC3-6BF2-481B-8051-FA785EB98FF0.png
Thanks. I did have a look and I think the medium size for the spiral dots would be my size. However they would set me back £40 for a pack of 2 pairs here in the UK from Amazon. lol. Ebay being even more expensive at £60. Probably just a bit too much for me for ear tips just to try them out. I'll see what the Xelastec are like when they arrive. I got confirmation from Linsoul today that they posted them.

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #1,908 of 4,753
Thanks. I did have a look and I think the medium size for the spiral dots would be my size. However they would set me back £40 for a pack of 2 pairs here in the UK from Amazon. lol. Ebay being even more expensive at £60. Probably just a bit too much for me for ear tips just to try them out. I'll see what the Xelastec are like when they arrive. I got confirmation from Linsoul today that they posted them.
Fair enough. I actually ordered some Spiral Dots++ last week to compare against Xelastec on my Mest Mk2. Will be happy to share how they fare once I get them, feel free to message me.

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,909 of 4,753
Fair enough. I actually ordered some Spiral Dots++ last week to compare against Xelastec on my Mest Mk2. Will be happy to share how they fare once I get them, feel free to message me.
Cool, I'll be more interested in seeing how they affect the sound i.e. do they attenuate bass or highs. I'm more of a bass person myself.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #1,910 of 4,753
To me, these graphs look quite a bit more appealing than the manufacturer’s graphs.

4CCA5FFC-4FFB-47C7-B825-EC98D26E1C7F.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #1,912 of 4,753
Can you describe the difference between Clair and Volt?
Quick impressions: Volt is smooth whereas Clair is more neutral, neither edgy nor smooth. Volt is quite a lot warmer, with more mid bass and lower midrange. The bass on the Clair seems more potent to me, with sharper transients, and a lot more sub bass rumble. Volt really excels at vocals. Timbre seems a little more natural on the Volt, probably mainly due to the smoother sound overall. Midrange is very rich sounding on the Volt. Gotta love the Sonion BAs. Upper mids are more prominent on the Clair. Because the Clair is not as smooth sounding, there seems to be a little more detail and resolution. Treble on the Clair may perhap be just a little much for some people, but I think it’s nearly perfect. The upper treble extension is amazing, but the downside is it makes it sound a little unnatural. In contrast, the Volt also has extended upper treble, but at a much lower level, so it sounds more realistic to me. The lower treble is slightly dark on the Volt though. I’m not great at assessing soundstage, but they sound similar to me. Imaging and instrument separation are excellent on both, but to me, the Clair is a little better. The Clair fits me better, but the Volt seems to fit more people w/o causing problems.

To sum up: If you love mids, and listen to a lot of vocals, go for the more colored Volt. If you’re a treble head or like potent bass with sub bass rumble, go for the more neutral-ish Clair.

I edited a previous post of mine, because the Clair and Volt are actually quite different, instead of being too similar.

I find them to be very well tuned, but for longer listening sessions they should be slightly lower on the upper mids, and somewhat darker.
I’m glad that I don’t find the upper mids on the Clairvoyance too much for me at all. I was a little worried about it.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,913 of 4,753
Been having long listening sessions with my Clairs and don't have any fatigue issues with fit or sound. I'm thinking if anything it may be fit for some with smaller ears.
sometimes, some type of listeners prefers macro-listening to micro-detail-based listening, so the EST driver's extra bits of sparkles are more obsolete, it's a kinda mood thing I bet. I feel relaxed when listening to blessing 2, so sometimes, the extra bits of details could rest.

Apr 29, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #1,914 of 4,753
sometimes, some type of listeners prefers macro-listening to micro-detail-based listening, so the EST driver's extra bits of sparkles are more obsolete, it's a kinda mood thing I bet. I feel relaxed when listening to blessing 2, so sometimes, the extra bits of details could rest.
You're right, now that I think of it, i'm usually reading or looking at stuff on the phone while i'm listening to music most of the time. Very rarely do I simply sit there and listen to music doing nothing else.

Apr 29, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #1,915 of 4,753
Just FYI, with the Xelastecs I needed to buy a size lower than my usual tip size for it to get the best fit. A few of my friends does the same, not sure if it applies to all ears. The M sized tips that came with the clairs (think they are spinfits?) were small for me, but with the Xelastecs I use SS sized tips.

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #1,916 of 4,753
Just FYI, with the Xelastecs I needed to buy a size lower than my usual tip size for it to get the best fit. A few of my friends does the same, not sure if it applies to all ears. The M sized tips that came with the clairs (think they are spinfits?) were small for me, but with the Xelastecs I use SS sized tips.
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased the pack with the 3 different sizes (ss/s/ms). I was thinking the medium small size would be for me but I do get the smaller pairs if needed. Once I figure out what size I am i can always purchase the packs with 2 pairs with one size in future.

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,917 of 4,753
To me, these graphs look quite a bit more appealing than the manufacturer’s graphs.

4CCA5FFC-4FFB-47C7-B825-EC98D26E1C7F.png
Those measurements look more interesting for the Excalibur now.

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #1,918 of 4,753
Wanna bet bggar will be hyping Excaliber!😂

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #1,920 of 4,753
Got email from Linsoul today. So just a heads up that they have some delays. So It'll probably take a little bit longer for the Monarch to be dispatched for me.

Linsoul Delay.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back