ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 28, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #1,891 of 4,753
I have much less experience with headphones and IEMS, but I agree that the Clairvoyance are great, everytime I use them I got some 'wow' reaction, especially because my other headphones are on the dark side, and I got surprised about how airy, detailed and precise they sound.

However, I can't do long listening sessions with them, and that would be my main criticism right now. But it's not about the IEM, it's more about my tastes and how I use headphones/IEMS.

Regarding tips, I found that all the Azla models are worth it. They are very comfortable and they all sound great. I am using the Xelastec right now, and I don't think I am going to change them.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #1,892 of 4,753
I have much less experience with headphones and IEMS, but I agree that the Clairvoyance are great, everytime I use them I got some 'wow' reaction, especially because my other headphones are on the dark side, and I got surprised about how airy, detailed and precise they sound.

However, I can't do long listening sessions with them, and that would be my main criticism right now. But it's not about the IEM, it's more about my tastes and how I use headphones/IEMS.

Regarding tips, I found that all the Azla models are worth it. They are very comfortable and they all sound great. I am using the Xelastec right now, and I don't think I am going to change them.
What's the problem with long listening sessions? Is it fit or the sound?

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,893 of 4,753
Right now, the Clair is definitely my favorite hybrid, and is also my favorite IEM overall, that I’ve heard. Granted, it may be new toy syndrome, but I can’t help bet get a stupid grin on my face every time I listen to it. It just sounds RIGHT to me. There are minimal areas where I can nitpick tuning, I can fully enjoy it w/o EQ, and there are no music passages that I’ve yet heard where the sound is off in tonality. There are numerous IEMs that are better in one aspect or another, but none that I’ve found that is as pleasant as a whole for me.

I would say my next 2 favorites are the 3DT and the Lancelot, because of how they sound, some of their unique qualities, and the fact that they complement the sound and tech in the Clair. The Volt is very impressive, but a bit similar to the Clair, and I prefer the Clair’s tonality. Same goes for the OG MEST.

The Clair is a really big IEM. Fortunately it fits me really well, and fills up my ear similar to a CIEM.
Can you describe the difference between Clair and Volt?

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #1,894 of 4,753
Are you criticizing the IEM? Or yourself? You find Clair a bit fatiguing, ultimately?

What would you change to fix each, without alterning the other?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #1,896 of 4,753
I still prefer the Mest OG to the Clairvoyance. For me my favorite IEM overall.

But it is true that every time the chifi is surprising me more and more.
The KZ DQ6 surprised me a lot, but today I got the CCA CSN (€ 12), and it's incredible how good it sounds. More in V than the KZ, a little less believable tonality, but with much greater extension at both ends, basshead capabilities, and very detailed highs.
Incredible what they have come to give of themselves € 12.

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,897 of 4,753
It's not comfort at all. I find them very comfortable.

It's more because they are detailed and there's a lot of information, if you listen exciting music they can bee too intense for me. I find them to be very well tuned, but for longer listening sessions they should be slightly lower on the upper mids, and somewhat darker. So we would be talking about different IEM. You can't have it all. They are detailed, well tuned and excited, but that makes them not very good for listening sessions.

This is like a sports car. They are fast, they are precise they are exciting. But you can't do a long trip with that noise level and hard suspension. However, this is not a racing car, I can see a lot of people using them for several hours, it's just me, I prefer something more relaxed for longer listening sessions.

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,898 of 4,753

It's more because they are detailed and there's a lot of information, if you listen exciting music they can bee too intense for me. I find them to be very well tuned, but for longer listening sessions they should be slightly lower on the upper mids, and somewhat darker. So we would be talking about different IEM. You can't have it all. They are detailed, well tuned and excited, but that makes them not very good for listening sessions.

This is like a sports car. They are fast, they are precise they are exciting. But you can't do a long trip with that noise level and hard suspension. However, this is not a racing car, I can see a lot of people using them for several hours, it's just me, I prefer something more relaxed for longer listening sessions.
I'm guessing you've already tried various ear tips out to see if it can make an effect?

Apr 28, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,899 of 4,753
Then you should really try the Softears RSV. The perfect side grade to the Clairvoyance.
The RSV is to me

a warmer relaxed version of Clairvoyance,where you can listen for long sessions without any fatigue.

Apr 28, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,900 of 4,753
Then you should really try the Softears RSV. The perfect side grade to the Clairvoyance.
The RSV is to me

a warmer relaxed version of Clairvoyance,where you can listen for long sessions without any fatigue.
I was wondering how it compared.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #1,902 of 4,753
You should head over to the Softear forum. There are a couple of members that give great impressions.
Some think the RSV is better than the Clair,but i see it more as a sidegrade, where the Clair to me is neutral sounding and
the RSV is the warmer one
I've seen a couple reviews. My impression is that they are good, but not necessarily an upgrade. I love my Monarchs and don't feel like I am missing out on any of the other IEMs in this thread (Clairvoyance, Oracle, Excalibur). And, nothing I've read says go buy the RSV to get something new and different. I am really impressed with the UM 3DT given the timbral accuracy of that all dynamic driver IEM. So, I am interested in seeing if the new Cayin Fantasy which is a single dynamic driver IEM in the price range of the Monarch and Clair.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #1,903 of 4,753
Ear tips are different for every person. You can't go wrong with Azla or Spindots though. Just gotta do some testing
Sorry to come back to this. When you mention spindots here, do you mean spinfits, spiral dots or something else?

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,905 of 4,753

Users who are viewing this thread

Back