Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Nov 20, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #376 of 690
The bass strikes a really nice balance between thick, hard-hitting, and well-textured. It has become my go-to IEM and it’s truly worth its value at the kilobuck range, plus some.

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #377 of 690
Hi. Did anyone try mk3 with Fiio m15s, Hiby R6 Pro 2 and Shanling m6 ultra? Any suggestions about these pairings?

P.s. I’m on AK sp1000m now. Searching for comparable DAP with uncut streaming options.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #378 of 690
Interested in trading for these, including with an IER-Z1R in excellent condition. But mostly interested in hearing impressions from someone who has had both.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #379 of 690
Ordered yesterday from Germany and received them today,very nice.I'm ready to hear the second coming of Christ in a couple of hours :smirk:

Attachments

• IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
Nov 22, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #381 of 690
I've been waiting for headphones.com to get a restock for a few weeks now...
The original post of this thread has all of the links to retailers selling the MMK3.

I got mine from Bloom Audio. Looks like they still have stock of MMK3 and it comes with free overnight shipping.

They don't offer headphone.com's 1 year return policy though. I don't know any retailer that does. Most only offer 30 days.

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #382 of 690
The original post of this thread has all of the links to retailers selling the MMK3.

I got mine from Bloom Audio. Looks like they still have stock of MMK3 and it comes with free overnight shipping.

They don't offer headphone.com's 1 year return policy though. I don't know any retailer that does. Most only offer 30 days.
Fair, I already placed my order with them and now I'm just waiting for a restock. I do like their return policy and their site in general, so I don't mind waiting, but man, it's hard!

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #383 of 690
IMG_1617.JPG

Putting it through paces rn and it sounds great out of all of them.Didn't like the stock silicones at all,smoothened the sound too much for my liking even if they fit like glove.Ordered the render tips that Zeos recommended in his video which will arrive in 2-3 weeks so will reserve judgement till then.

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #384 of 690
Interested in trading for these, including with an IER-Z1R in excellent condition. But mostly interested in hearing impressions from someone who has had both.
I have owned both. And both are terrific. I'd say the Monarch III has a bit more immediacy and transparency and the IER-Z1R, while having that prodigious bass, sounds a little more bottled up and opaque. Feels like it needs more gas to really get it going.

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #385 of 690
I just got mine today, ordered at Hifi-Passion in Germany.
First listening impressions are great, I use them with my custom tips.
In some reviews I read, that the MMK3 do not perform as good as they could with "warmer" sources, but with the ifi iDSD signature they sound really good imo. Haven't tested it with other dacs yet, but I am very pleased so far.

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #386 of 690
I just got mine today, ordered at Hifi-Passion in Germany.
First listening impressions are great, I use them with my custom tips.
In some reviews I read, that the MMK3 do not perform as good as they could with "warmer" sources, but with the ifi iDSD signature they sound really good imo. Haven't tested it with other dacs yet, but I am very pleased so far.
I also pair with an iFi iDSD and they sound quite good. Sounds good with the Mojo 2 as well.

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #387 of 690
In some reviews I read, that the MMK3 do not perform as good as they could with "warmer" sources, but with the ifi iDSD signature they sound really good imo.
My DAP (ZX707) and dongle (RU6) are supposed to be "warmer" sources and the MMK3 sounds great with both.

I also pair with an iFi iDSD and they sound quite good. Sounds good with the Mojo 2 as well.
Yeah I think MMK3 is just a great IEM with any source lol.

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #389 of 690
The only problem i could see audiophiles have with this iem after listening to it for 2 hours would be the bass.This is subwoofer lvl bass and is visceral but you need a source that can control it.It's fast but not the fastest,has good detail and is more dramatic than CA Atlas but it can be too much if you don't have a tiny bit of basshead in you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back