ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Jul 5, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #76 of 1,211
Thank you for the info. I ended up going with the Mest mk2 and I love them. Much better for my taste and music I listen to.
Nice. MEST2 is definitely end game material. The coloring is also so sweet and fun.

Jul 16, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #77 of 1,211
Thinking of getting the MKII’s at the moment I only have a Shanling UA5 DAC/AMP dongle would this be sufficient?
Currently have the Shanling ME800 iems there size is currently the limit for me I have slight discomfort are the MKII’s shells bigger ?
Thanks

Jul 16, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #78 of 1,211
Thinking of getting the MKII’s at the moment I only have a Shanling UA5 DAC/AMP dongle would this be sufficient?
Currently have the Shanling ME800 iems there size is currently the limit for me I have slight discomfort are the MKII’s shells bigger ?
Thanks
Don't own them but do know most sell them due to fit issues
So ... 🤷

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #83 of 1,211
Mine are in production stage :p

Aug 4, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #85 of 1,211
Aug 25, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #86 of 1,211
Hi, recently I just got a pair of Thieaudio Monarch MKII, whilst it is really good and better than my current Sennheiser IE 300 and Campfire Audio Honeydew (well of course 😂), I was not blown away by it. This is my first kilobuck IEM ever. Is it just me who was not blown away by it? 😬

I guess most of you here have the same experience, so what would you recommend in the price range of 1k? I am happy to keep the Thieaudio Monarch MKII I just want a different thing which focuses on natural and sweet sounding since I like acoustic and vocal a lot.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #89 of 1,211
Hi, recently I just got a pair of Thieaudio Monarch MKII, whilst it is really good and better than my current Sennheiser IE 300 and Campfire Audio Honeydew (well of course 😂), I was not blown away by it. This is my first kilobuck IEM ever. Is it just me who was not blown away by it? 😬

I guess most of you here have the same experience, so what would you recommend in the price range of 1k? I am happy to keep the Thieaudio Monarch MKII I just want a different thing which focuses on natural and sweet sounding since I like acoustic and vocal a lot.
Try FiiO FH9 absolutely.❤️😍💜🙏

And it is half of 1k bucks... 😎👍

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #90 of 1,211
Try FiiO FH9 absolutely.❤️😍💜🙏

And it is half of 1k bucks... 😎👍
I have the the FH9 and the Monarch MKII. The FH9 is good. The Monarch MKII is better--more detail, more natural timbre, better vocals. Of course, YMMV. I haven't heard the Solaris. (And as a retired lawyer I'm a stickler for accuracy, even to the brink of pedantry. But back in prehistoric times when I went to school, $600 was 60% of $1K, not half.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back