ThieAudio Legacy 9
Apr 18, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #166 of 689
I can’t wait until Crin gets a hold of the rest of the ThieAudio lineup to measure and graph them.

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #167 of 689
can you help advise to me the audible differences in copper vs silver copper wires. you said you only get natural bass through copper? do you not when it's silver plated? how much can a cable possibly change the frequency response of your headphones or iems ?
Yes, that’s from my experience tho. I tried some silver plated that boast good bass but when I heard it, it just... meh not on par with pure copper. That’s even $300 silver plated cable vs $150 pure copper cable. I wouldn’t say the more expensive the better tho. I already tried more expensive pure copper but I like this cable the most. 2nd question, it can change a lot if you ever found a cable you like you will be amazed by how good your headphone/iem can sound! I know it sounds weird but I tried more than 10 cables on a single iem. It is only one cable which I like the most and will keep it, almost all of others were sold. You could save a lot of money if you try different cables at the store so.

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #168 of 689
that was a great help , exactly the kind of explanation I was looking for thank you really appreciated
yes that’s also what I believe. it isn’t like silver cable can’t deliver bass but silver cable can deliver better highs which result in more clean, sparkle highs and bass sound quieter. However some very expensive cable brand‘s flagship is pure copper so what I want to say is silver is technically better in terms of conductivity but it doesn’t mean silver cable will sound better than copper cable. I’m such a copper cable worshipper lol.

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #169 of 689
yes that’s also what I believe. it isn’t like silver cable can’t deliver bass but silver cable can deliver better highs which result in more clean, sparkle highs and bass sound quieter. However some very expensive cable brand‘s flagship is pure copper so what I want to say is silver is technically better in terms of conductivity but it doesn’t mean silver cable will sound better than copper cable. I’m such a copper cable worshipper lol.
It's true,
silver plated copper and pure silver or silver/ other metal mixes have a very different sound to pure copper and even copper mixed with other metal

I typically like the sound of pure copper most and if i am lacking a little high end sparkle i like silver plated copper. The blon bl03 cable is actually exactly like what they put on IEMs for professional musicians.

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #170 of 689
Just found this thread ... these look nice:

1587272006782.jpeg

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #171 of 689
The nozzles are short and smooth, any issues with tips coming off easily?

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #174 of 689
these
Yes, that’s from my experience tho. I tried some silver plated that boast good bass but when I heard it, it just... meh not on par with pure copper. That’s even $300 silver plated cable vs $150 pure copper cable. I wouldn’t say the more expensive the better tho. I already tried more expensive pure copper but I like this cable the most. 2nd question, it can change a lot if you ever found a cable you like you will be amazed by how good your headphone/iem can sound! I know it sounds weird but I tried more than 10 cables on a single iem. It is only one cable which I like the most and will keep it, almost all of others were sold. You could save a lot of money if you try different cables at the store so.

this help with the cables has been really appreciated and has helped me filter out what I want. I just got myself an upgraded copper for my sundara and now a pure silver and silver plated for this foreseeable bass monster help calm em down lol

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #175 of 689
ye I was a bit gutted because even a bit less bass then the legend x is still too much bass.... for me anyway.
I just hope these have some great micro, details, separation, imaging, and stage to make up for it. got a feeling I will be regretting I didn't go for the v14, although I really hope that's not the case.
I have the same concern as you. That's why I didn't pull the trigger at first and opted to wait and see. This might be a miss from Thieaudio for me.

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #176 of 689
For the Legacy 3's, does anyone know what the cable connection is? Regular .78 mm 2 pin or recessed? There doesn't seem to be a choice.
It looks like a standard QDC connection.

Apr 19, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #177 of 689
these

this help with the cables has been really appreciated and has helped me filter out what I want. I just got myself an upgraded copper for my sundara and now a pure silver and silver plated for this foreseeable bass monster help calm em down lol
I have a feeling that a pure silver cable will sound awesome with the L9, but I’m curious to find out what your thoughts are once you have all of the items. Cables can be unpredictable at times. Just remember that ear tips can make a huge difference with sound, so everything else needs to remain the same when comparing cables.

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #178 of 689
I have the same concern as you. That's why I didn't pull the trigger at first and opted to wait and see. This might be a miss from Thieaudio for me.
If you want less bass, and a little less V-shaped signature, but still want DD bass, the Legacy 3 may be the answer. The bass on the L9 looks nowhere near the amount of bass on the EE Legend X though. It looks much more balanced overall.

15826B3D-3606-43BC-B00A-945132111334.jpeg
A2551A28-D711-42FE-B41D-7496730AE8CD.jpeg

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #179 of 689
you could be right there mate i was thinking the same thing, unfortunately i have a really itchy trigger finger nd these l9 were ordered weeks ago like a fool 😂 so look like I'll be getting both (shame the l3 imo are quite ugly in comparison).... from the way bggar talks sounds like he prefers the l3 too.
more then anything I wanted the performance the v14 offers in incredible detail great stage and imaging but with a the impact dynamic drivers have in the bass but still balanced and controlled... as soon as he compared it to the legend x I shut my laptop and cried a bit 😂😂

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #180 of 689
I have a feeling that a pure silver cable will sound awesome with the L9, but I’m curious to find out what your thoughts are once you have all of the items. Cables can be unpredictable at times. Just remember that ear tips can make a huge difference with sound, so everything else needs to remain the same when comparing cables.

i hope im eating my words and they sound insane!! have any ideas on bass reducing tips ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back