ThieAudio Legacy 9
Apr 13, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #136 of 689
I wish the wood versions are in these colors (note the saturation) :)

1586794680425.png
I agree that the saturation of the Linsoul photos is a bit over the top, and I'm assuming those photos are representational of the actual product. I was actually hoping for natural maple with no artificial coloring. The funny thing is I chose the red and blue after seeing them which are the most gaudy (gasp!) of the bunch. Maybe once Thieaudio gets the novelty of wood out of it's system, it will mellow out and offer a more muted selection.

Apr 14, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #137 of 689
still no news of what I ordered on the 30th of last month. I'm looking forward to seeing how pretty it will be. It's really hard to wait. :L3000:

Apr 14, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #138 of 689
still no news of what I ordered on the 30th of last month. I'm looking forward to seeing how pretty it will be. It's really hard to wait. :L3000:

Did you order a resin or wood unit?

Linsoul said to me today they have one resin unit available.

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #139 of 689
I think we'll be waiting a bit longer. Stephen from Linsoul told me it will be a few more days. I'm expecting it will be at least another week before they ship. But when they arrive we'll have something really special!

Apr 14, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #141 of 689
I ordered wood version, Maybe it's too late for a formal package.
I think shipping is bit slow because they were waiting for retail packaging to be setup, looking at the latest HBB post on his channel with the official packaging, I can assume we are getting real close :D

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #142 of 689
I think we'll be waiting a bit longer. Stephen from Linsoul told me it will be a few more days. I'm expecting it will be at least another week before they ship. But when they arrive we'll have something really special!
Every time L9's new pictures come out, I'm looking forward to it even more!

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #143 of 689
Check the CEMA Electro Acousti shop on AliExpress. They make the cables to order and you can customise everything. Not cheap but one of the best value for money cables around.
[/

got myself a sliver plated copper 2pin. I'm still a bit nervous after reading a few more bits this will be a bit too bassy and warm for my preference, i noticed on an earlier post you said you tried a few different cables with good results in taming the bass a bit. which cable did you find was best for these was it a certain metal like pure copper or pure silver? or generally just a better made cable than the one provided?

Apr 14, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #144 of 689
got myself a sliver plated copper 2pin. I'm still a bit nervous after reading a few more bits this will be a bit too bassy and warm for my preference, i noticed on an earlier post you said you tried a few different cables with good results in taming the bass a bit. which cable did you find was best for these was it a certain metal like pure copper or pure silver? or generally just a better made cable than the one provided?

That is my concern as well. I was hoping for a more balanced and revealing kind of sound with a small/moderate elevation on lows and highs. But from BGGAR graphs it seems to be more than 10db elevation on lows and mid-highs, with a warmish sound... Made me start to consider/look for other options:spy:

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #145 of 689

I'm using what I am assuming is either a copper or silver plated copper. It's a cable that I received with V14, and it's 3.5mm SE. That seems to work best for me. Still waiting for a good balanced 2.5mm copper cable to try with L9.

On top of cables, tip selection is important here. Foams work really well for me.

Apr 15, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #146 of 689
Considering getting these in CIEM-form. Wondering if anyone has experience with CIEM. Should I get the universal first to see if I like the signature before committing?

Apr 15, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #147 of 689
Considering getting these in CIEM-form. Wondering if anyone has experience with CIEM. Should I get the universal first to see if I like the signature before committing?
blind buy is always a rough choice XD especially in CIEM because you are basically tied to it and resell value hurt alot more than universal counter part.
I would recommend trying out the IEM before moving into CIEM, and CIEM will not 100% sound the exact same as their Universal :D
Unless you love gambling (me)

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #148 of 689
I really should try getting another CIEM, especially at Linsoul prices, but I don’t want to have mail molds to China. I don’t know where to get digital ear impressions that I can keep. My 1 pair of CIEMs don’t really fit well, and I like the versatility and tuneability of UIEMs.

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #149 of 689
Also consider the fact that dynamic drivers are typically more difficult to accommodate in custom form, plus possibility of different sound sig compared to the universal one. This being a hybrid one, would make CIEMs harder to get right. (Read sound same as UIEMs)

For e.g. at least from reading descriptions, my CIEM S8F probably measures closer to S8Z (brighter, less bass). It could have something to do with fit, but after a period of adjustment, I get crazy good isolation from them.

Having said all that, I'm really curious to hear from those who take the jump and go for custom IEMs. :)

W.r.t sending the iem mold, see if any nearby 3d printing shops accept doing 3d scan for your ear impressions. They will make a .stl file which you can share with linsoul. The other problems w.r.t sending back for refitting to China however would apply, as with other CIEMs.

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #150 of 689
Sadly ThieAudio only accepts actual ear impression and no 3D scans, but would be easier to talk to the linsoul customer service first :wink:
Going custom on L9 will be fine since DD is Tubed. There is someone in the linsoul discord who ordered CIEM L9 :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back