ThieAudio Legacy 9
Apr 15, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #151 of 689
I've owned a bunch of CIEM's and if the fit is good, they are incredibly comfortable and isolating. If the fit is off, they can either cause discomfort or slop around. Make sure you have a reputable person make the impressions for you. I usually do open mouth impressions. They tend to fit best for me.

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #152 of 689
got myself a sliver plated copper 2pin. I'm still a bit nervous after reading a few more bits this will be a bit too bassy and warm for my preference, i noticed on an earlier post you said you tried a few different cables with good results in taming the bass a bit. which cable did you find was best for these was it a certain metal like pure copper or pure silver? or generally just a better made cable than the one provided?
You should look for the cable that was reviewed as what you want. I tried lots of cable. even some pure copper cable produce less bass so. But if you still want a deep and realistic-feeling bass, pure copper is the only choice.

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #155 of 689
I was too curious to wait for more reviews, and am now waiting for the L3 to ship.

Apr 17, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #156 of 689
You should look for the cable that was reviewed as what you want. I tried lots of cable. even some pure copper cable produce less bass so. But if you still want a deep and realistic-feeling bass, pure copper is the only choice.

ah ok thanks for that, I've found cable reviews hard to come by and aren't really too clued up on how or what the different metals will do to my headphone or iem , so any opinion is more then welcomed

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #157 of 689

can you help advise to me the audible differences in copper vs silver copper wires. you said you only get natural bass through copper? do you not when it's silver plated? how much can a cable possibly change the frequency response of your headphones or iems ?

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #159 of 689
anyone see bggar review this morning? sometimes I find it hard to keep track of his babbling through his tracks he's listened too lol 😂😂 but still quite promising
I would definitely appreciate a nice summary at the end. Less people would listen to his entire review, but I think more people would watch his vids, b/c then it would not be as much of a commitment of time.

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #160 of 689
can you help advise to me the audible differences in copper vs silver copper wires. you said you only get natural bass through copper? do you not when it's silver plated? how much can a cable possibly change the frequency response of your headphones or iems ?

Others, please chime in, and correct me if I’m wrong. Silver is a better conductor of electricity than is copper (gold is a actually a bad conductor, but is resistant to corrosion, hence the gold plated connectors). In general, silver tends to improve clarity, speed, transients. Silver tends to effect high frequencies more than low frequencies, thus the overall balance can change, making the bass seems relatively diminished vs copper. Also, there is the skin effect, where high frequency signals tend to travel more on the surface of the wire while low frequencies travel in the center. This effect is stronger with silver than copper, but I think this effect is really only relevant with very long runs of wire, and not with such short runs of IEM cables.

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #161 of 689
I would definitely appreciate a nice summary at the end. Less people would listen to his entire review, but I think more people would watch his vids, b/c then it would not be as much of a commitment of time.
agreed that would help but at the same time I do love some of his angry rants there great and you can tell just how unbiased he is in comparison to say z reviews who just seems to be sponsored by drop ect 😂😂

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #162 of 689
Others, please chime in, and correct me if I’m wrong. Silver is a better conductor of electricity than is copper (gold is a actually a bad conductor, but is resistant to corrosion, hence the gold plated connectors). In general, silver tends to improve clarity, speed, transients. Silver tends to effect high frequencies more than low frequencies, thus the overall balance can change, making the bass seems relatively diminished vs copper. Also, there is the skin effect, where high frequency signals tend to travel more on the surface of the wire while low frequencies travel in the center. This effect is stronger with silver than copper, but I think this effect is really only relevant with very long runs of wire, and not with such short runs of IEM cables.

that was a great help , exactly the kind of explanation I was looking for thank you really appreciated

Apr 18, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #164 of 689
yeah! I saw that right in the morning, I got curious that he compared the L9 with the Legend X 🤔
BGGAR stated that the L9 is a tamer EE Legend X, and the L3 is a better BLON.

Apr 18, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #165 of 689
yeah! I saw that right in the morning, I got curious that he compared the L9 with the Legend X 🤔
ye I was a bit gutted because even a bit less bass then the legend x is still too much bass.... for me anyway.
I just hope these have some great micro, details, separation, imaging, and stage to make up for it. got a feeling I will be regretting I didn't go for the v14, although I really hope that's not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back