Thieaudio Hype 4 vs
Mar 25, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #17 of 20
I just got a pair of Orchestra Lite's, and I'd be super curious to see how those fare against the Hype 4.
Orchestra Lite is Bass Lite.

Hype4 is basically a Mini-Monarch MKII. it's excellent for the price and nicely balanced with nothing lacking from Bass to treble. One reviewer I read even preferred it to the Hype 10 due to that balance.

Let's also not forget the ThieAudio's beautiful soulfulness + smoothness many IEMs lack.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 20
not in the same ball park
I disagree. They are clearly peers. Each has advantages over the other. Most will be happy with either, especially if one is listening for enjoying and not for critiquing. I have several iems superior to the Chopin but the Chopin gets most of my time because I started back listening for enjoyment and not for which iem is better.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 20
I've heard both hype 4 and top; they sound very similar but the top sounded a bit crisper and clearer while having more impactful (or boomy) bass. I prefer the top, but I can def see people going for the hype 4. I always see people bring up price when comparing the two, which at msrp yeah hype 4 is the better deal but...I got my top for $440 new after tax on aliexpress during a sale, which puts it at the same price as hype 4 post tax in my area. The top goes on sale pretty often and at that point that argument no longer exists. I also use my iems when i play games on my nintendo switch and the extra bit of bass the top had made certain sound effects seem really great like the impact of a greatsword hitting something in monster hunter. That's also something that can be adjusted through tip rolling. Hope this helps.

Oh actually since you also mentioned the monarch mk3 I may as well give my impressions there, too. I recently got to A/B the monarch mk3 w/ my xenns mangird top thanks to a fellow head-fier. Pretty much same bass assessment as the hype 4, it's tighter but less intense/boomy than the top. The rest of the mk3, particularly the treble was fairly similar to the top but definitely sounded more refined. Bit more sparkly, airy. It's not a night and day improvement and depending on the song, there were times I even struggled to hear much of a difference. Is it $600 better? I dunno that's a question to ask your wallet haha. Ignoring the price aspect my enjoyment of all three would be Monarch Mk3 > Top > Hype 4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back