They're here [Daft Punk]
May 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #47 of 95
wait more or less 50 years and it'll be free
biezdomny.gif

May 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #48 of 95
So the album has been leaked in 192 mp3, but I'm still waiting till the full quality release :/, not sure if I like the reactions some people have gotten of the album thus far. Guess I'll have to hold of my verdict another eight days.

May 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #50 of 95
Quote:
So the album has been leaked in 192 mp3, but I'm still waiting till the full quality release :/, not sure if I like the reactions some people have gotten of the album thus far. Guess I'll have to hold of my verdict another eight days.

The leak is actually a bad transcode. If you look at the spectrals of the file you can see that it is transcoded from a 128kbps MP3.

May 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #51 of 95
What kind of reactions are there?

First of there seem to be the initial media reviewers that seem semi-positive writing that it would be a weird mix, some think it works, others are blatantly negative. But none really says anything useful. And now reactions to the leaked version are either extremely positive, or really negative, so I don't know what to believe :p, fanboys or haters? Thus I choose to ignore them all and hold on my verdict. Obviously someones opinion is going to differentiate from mine, so we'll see... But I guess it really isn't anything new or out of the ordinary when it comes to the internet.

May 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #53 of 95
The leak is actually a bad transcode. If you look at the spectrals of the file you can see that it is transcoded from a 128kbps MP3.

Oh, even worse then :p, I'm really glad I staying away from that, I don't want my first impression of the album to be hampered by bad quality, I'm intending to make the first listen through to be optimal, or as optimal as possible.

May 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #54 of 95
You can stream it for free at https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/daft-punk/id5468295 as it would appear.

So far after a few songs, it strongly reminds me of this killer OST: http://www.yudemenrecords.com/yuji-ohno-captain-future-ost/

You get the futuristic retro sound, the super funkaÿ 70's feeling....actually so far the new DP album could be played randomly within the same playlist and sound like it was meant to.

I also dearly hope all the autotune talentless clowns will get the memo that vocoder is where the party's at
happy_face1.gif

Now to wait another week for the 24/88.2 goodness
devil_face.gif

May 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #55 of 95
So far my first reaction listening to song 6 is that you will have NO IDEA what comes next. There has been awesome songs and song like The game of love that had absolutely no effect on me. I could see Lose yourself to dance being another single. In other words it's album and don't expect to love every song. I can also see certain Daft Punk fans right out hating the album. 

EDIT:
7th song Touch has amazing "drop"

And yes the sound quality is certainly bad. Waiting for my CD and vinyl. 

May 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #58 of 95
Listened quickly to the album.
Sounds overall like forgettable "relaxing music", with weak vocals.
The track Giorgio by Moroder was promising, if it wasn't overlaid with undesirable dialogs.
Suggestion: listen to a Giorgio Moroder album instead
wink.gif
I  was disappointed to see only two tracks with the voice of Pharrell Williams (which is good).

May 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #59 of 95
my bad, "get lucky" has been completely reedited and sounds pretty repetitive now 
redface.gif

yeah, this album can't hide its library music inspirations and the Moroder blabla is annoying....oh well, it's good but it could have been better I guess. It'll sound better in high-res so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back