They're here [Daft Punk]
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #31 of 95
Quote:
Yeah...and it's well produced...and catchy as hell.

Daft Punk's style transcended typical Pop music a long time ago, IMO. Considering they still record in a studio and make House music is already something special.

In this day and age, recording quality and production is absolutely no challenge at all. Anything can be well produced and recorded.

It is only the artistic vision that matters, because anybody can make a good recording now.

This is going to be filed under vapid pop cheese. File under useless teeny pop...

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #32 of 95
It's unfortunate you feel that way. Daft Punk have been pioneers, and I don't think they'll stop now.

Wonder how you feel about Elvis Costello. :) Pop music can have lasting effects.

Also, while it SHOULDN'T be a challenge...getting a good sounding, well done record is harder than ever.

Quote:

In this day and age, recording quality and production is absolutely no challenge at all. Anything can be well produced and recorded.

It is only the artistic vision that matters, because anybody can make a good recording now.

This is going to be filed under vapid pop cheese. File under useless teeny pop...

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #33 of 95
It's unfortunate you feel that way. Daft Punk have been pioneers, and I don't think they'll stop now.

Wonder how you feel about Elvis Costello. :) Pop music can have lasting effects.

Also, while it SHOULDN'T be a challenge...getting a good sounding, well done record is harder than ever.

I s only a challenge cause people think they need to be LOUD!!!!!!!

As far as being pioneers, I kind of hate human after all, though alive 2007 was pretty good...but I like the rest of it too obviously

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #34 of 95
I love all their work, but I'll agree that Human After All is their weakest album.

Homework and Discovery being the standouts. Discovery is mind blowing every time I listen to it.

Not to mention that both of their Live albums are fantastic, as is their live show in general.

Quote:
I s only a challenge cause people think they need to be LOUD!!!!!!!

As far as being pioneers, I kind of hate human after all, though alive 2007 was pretty good...but I like the rest of it too obviously

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #36 of 95
Quote:

It's true that it's now easier to do great quality recording these days than ever before, but unfortunately more artists than ever before decide not to. Some albums at worse are made on a laptop without ever going for a studio and doing proper sound mixing. Sound stage is totally forgotten and all the sound elements are just throw at front of you. At worse with proper gear it sounds lifeless music with a lot of low end and vocals somewhere out there. 

It a bit same like what internet has done to news. There a lot of it and its easier to make than ever before, giving us all tools produce information and throw it out there. Though that hasn't improved the quality of news, there's just more of it. 

Quote:

That's a shame you feel like that way. I'm sure you will find many of us are 80's kids that found Daft Punk via Homework or Discovery, not really the Skrillex crowd. For what we know now, there's a lot of different types music in the album for what Daft Punk has so far revealed. Those who are interested can visit the link below that has snippets about all of the tracks. To me if nothing else, i'm just happy to see some groove, funk and 90's acid jazz type of music raising its head again. 
http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/showthread.php/19092-Random-Access-Memories-Track-By-Track-with-Daft-Punk-comments

To me personally this has the possibility to be among couple of the albums released in 2000 that I might actually like. So far I have been impressed, though the supposedly leaked version i'm not a big fan of I have to say. Hopefully by Friday we know more. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #37 of 95
I really hope that my new headphones arrive tomorrow, just in time for the release of the single. Fingers crossed. But for some reason amazon didn't give me a trackingnumber this time around, so for all I know it could be lying waiting to be picked up, but the parcel telling me to pick it up could be lost... Or something :p.

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #40 of 95
Quote:
It's good, not amazing, but a solid track nonetheless
smily_headphones1.gif

This is only the radio edit. I hope the full version continues the synth line that started toward the end of the track, that was JUICY.

May 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #43 of 95
Ahhhhhhh, the single in 24/88.2 FLAC sounds too good.....another two weeks and we get the full album
popcorn.gif

And no nasty autotune, such a relief! Real men use vocoders.

Quote:

Apparently it was recorded and digitally mixed in 24/96, copied onto analog tape and then sampled back and mastered in 24/88.2 kHz.

May 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #44 of 95
Quote:
Ahhhhhhh, the single in 24/88.2 FLAC sounds too good.....another two weeks and we get the full album
popcorn.gif

And no nasty autotune, such a relief! Real men use vocoders.

Apparently it was recorded and digitally mixed in 24/96, copied onto analog tape and then sampled back and mastered in 24/88.2 kHz.

Where did you get the FLAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back