They Cancelled That?!?!?
Jul 16, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #31 of 53
Mr. Show on HBO. thankfully, all episodes are being released on dvd now.

And I second upright citizens brigade. that show, coupled with 'strangers with candy' was my favorite tv block for while. at least amy poehler has made it on saturday night live.

Jul 16, 2003 at 6:08 PM Post #32 of 53
Quote:

Yep, that one had like SO great potential. And they stopped it after just a pilot

Also on my list:
Buffy *sob* after only seven seasons
Roswell
Witchblade (it IS canceled, right?)

Actually, BtVS was not cancelled. SMG and JW decided it was time to end the show. However, I am still sad to see it leave the air.

Jul 16, 2003 at 6:46 PM Post #33 of 53
BIRDS OF PREY!!
Huntress....
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #34 of 53
Has Futurama really been cancelled?

There was a recent one I saw that had a reference to RadioHeads latest CD 'Hail to the thief'...

Hmm - I like that show too
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #36 of 53
I second Famliy Guy and futurama....Then I offer up the Critic, That's my Bush, and Kids in the hall. SO MANY GOOD COMEDIES
For all you Family Guy cats out there though they have all the episodes on DVD now SO GO BUY IT!!! (oh and YOUR WELCOME!!!)

Jul 16, 2003 at 10:13 PM Post #37 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by legoman
Sportsnight, definitely.

Essentially the networks have a basic rule: If I like it, they cancel it. Notable exception: Scrubs.

That's the story of my life too! Even down to the fact that I keep on expecting scrubs to be cancelled because I enjoy it.

Sometimes I think that network executives should pay me to critique new shows... and if I like them they shouldn't go into production.

Another exception is Simpsons... but I attribute that to my not watching them until the 4th season or so.

I'd forgotten about the critic... That show rocked! Remember the simpsons where the critic visited springfield... Great episode.

Jul 16, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #40 of 53
i know i can't wait for the movie. and 3rd season is by faaar the best season. sooo many good episodes. i thought it was much more brilliant that seasons 1 and 2. i hope it does include wish upon a weinstein. the european copies did. but they said not in north america. rumour has it that it might be included. for people who don't know, it's a 20 min episode cut into around a 7 and a half minute one. they never aired it because of this. just search on the net for it... i have the full version, pretty funny.

Jul 17, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #41 of 53
Man, clerks the cartoon was ****. The movie was ****ing awsome and the cartoon was an embarassment.

Jul 17, 2003 at 5:57 AM Post #42 of 53
-sledgehammer
it was a comedy about a pyscho cop who always used way too much force (ie taking out a jumper with a bazooka). unfortunately it went up against the cosby show so it didn't last long!

-get a life
another comedy about a 30 year old paper boy who lived with his folks.

-upright citizens brigade

I like the occasional sci-fi show and battlestar galactica and space above and beyond struck a nerve with me for some reason.

Jul 17, 2003 at 7:12 AM Post #43 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by chase
i know i can't wait for the movie. and 3rd season is by faaar the best season. sooo many good episodes. i thought it was much more brilliant that seasons 1 and 2. i hope it does include wish upon a weinstein. the european copies did. but they said not in north america. rumour has it that it might be included. for people who don't know, it's a 20 min episode cut into around a 7 and a half minute one. they never aired it because of this. just search on the net for it... i have the full version, pretty funny.

hehe... Yeah I have a copy of that too... Pretty funny. Personally, I've never quite gotten what the big deal was over it. It seemed to be about resisting bigotry... that sounded like a good message to me!

I hadn't heard about the movie though... wow! Anyone have a site on this? Now I'm curious.

Jul 17, 2003 at 3:01 PM Post #44 of 53
Sports Night(What were they thinking?), Family Guy, and Futurama, Upright citizen's brigade(DEFINITELY miss it).

Aeon flux was one of the coolest and most confusing things on TV when I was 9 or 10.
Edit: AF movie starts production in 03!

Quote:

Originally posted by Pablo32
Man, clerks the cartoon was ****. The movie was ****ing awsome and the cartoon was an embarassment.

/me agrees. Indie movies != network shows

And guys, cancelled TV shows is WHAT P2P APPS WERE MADE FOR.

Course, if that's not your deal, everything I've just mentioned is out on DVD in some form, much of the rest on VHS(UCB is VHS-only I think).

Jul 17, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #45 of 53
heheh... Anyone who didn't like the Clerks cartoon should try to see the unreleased episodes. They were much better than the aired ones, IMHO.

That one with the trial still cracks me up. ("You want the truth... You can't handle the truth... SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!")

p2p is great for this kind of stuff. I have a devil of a time finding more obscure shows with ultra-short runs like lateline... Ah well. Maybe someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back