They Cancelled That?!?!?
Jul 16, 2003 at 3:30 AM Post #16 of 53
Quote:

Dweebgal said...

family guy
futurama

Exactly.

Jul 16, 2003 at 3:34 AM Post #17 of 53
when i was a kid, i watched voltron & thundercats all the friggin' time. I shat my pants when toonami started replaying them. Then toonami stopped and it was back to ****ty tv.

Jul 16, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #19 of 53
The Lone Gunmen: It may have been that episode about the plane that nearly crashed into the WTC that caused this one to go...just a case of bad timing

Jul 16, 2003 at 5:26 AM Post #20 of 53
The one exception was Homicide, which sucked in the ratings, though NBC kept it on for years. Besides maybe the Simpsons and the Twilight Zone, it was the best show on television. Finally came out on DVD this year.

Does anyone remember No Soap Radio? Very funny TV show that lasted half a season somewhere around 78-82? Can still remember skits (ex. killer chair that eventually got the chair), but can't find any info on the web, etc.

Jul 16, 2003 at 5:29 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by blip
3) The Job - Dennis Leary as a cop with problems. Gritty, dark and utterly hilarious. The kind of show that is somehow crude and sohpisticated at the same time.

I love "the job", too bad it's gone. There's not even rerun.
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2003 at 7:58 AM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
Fox Force Five.

Yep, that one had like SO great potential. And they stopped it after just a pilot
rolleyes.gif

Also on my list:
Buffy *sob* after only seven seasons
frown.gif

Roswell
Witchblade (it IS canceled, right?)

Jul 16, 2003 at 9:02 AM Post #23 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by dd3mon
Gumbel 2 Gumbel

(mad props to anyone who gets that)

-dd3mon

lol... That was a great show... Good enough to fake a death for...
biggrin.gif

Yeah Family Guy was pretty cool. I didn't include it because I never watched it on TV... I actually have just been watching it on copies that people archived.

I think of the ones listed I miss the Job the most... Everything else there are similar shows on... not nearly as good, but at least a bit similar. The Job was just so fresh and original...

Remember the one where Pip thought that he was a cannibal... that episode cracked me up.

Oh and I just thought of another one... Stark Raving Mad. It wasn't that great, but it made me laugh pretty dang hard.

Jul 16, 2003 at 12:23 PM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
they show futurama on cartoon network...it's a great show
biggrin.gif

Cartoon network rules ! Great when you just dont feel like doing ANYTHING.

Jul 16, 2003 at 12:59 PM Post #27 of 53
Sports Night - What was the network thinking?

Farscape - best sci-fi series of all time, IMO. *sigh*

Jul 16, 2003 at 5:24 PM Post #29 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
In Living Color. I miss the Fly Girls and Fire Marshal Bill and all of the laughs.
smily_headphones1.gif

I miss Anton Jackson the most. They better put ILC on DVD someday. The People's Court skit with judge Wagner was a classic. And don't forget about Homie the clown, he don't mess around!

I miss Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill was no replacement for it.

I also miss Amazing Stories, it was kind of like Twilight Zone.

A-Team was also pretty sweet. I hear there might be plans to make a movie out of it, that would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back