These or Those
Jul 5, 2011 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

lonelysuperstar

New Head-Fier
I have narrowed down my search, and have increased my budget. Between the Sennheiser ie7 &th ie8's which woukd you chose? Is the ie8 worth the extra money? I will be using them on the Metro and I like to play them loud. I listen to a wider range of music, but primarily hip hop and dance with a bit of rock in there. I like my treble and bass. Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 12

Quote:
I have narrowed down my search, and have increased my budget. Between the Sennheiser ie7 &th ie8's which woukd you chose? Is the ie8 worth the extra money? I will be using them on the Metro and I like to play them loud. I listen to a wider range of music, but primarily hip hop and dance with a bit of rock in there. I like my treble and bass. Thoughts? Thanks in advance

I haven't tried the IE7 but from what I read, one can get the IE8 for $250 @ J&R by calling them. The IE7 is $275+ so why not just go for the IE8. Personally I really enjoy the IE8i I got.

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #6 of 12
The Sennheiser IE7 has more midrange details and guitars sound more crisp, punchy on it but soundstage is smaller than IE8 with less bass impact and IE8 has more bass, lager soundstage, fairly detailed mids and highs.

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 12
Thanks to everyone who responded to my 2 threads and my newbie questions. I went ahead and ordered the ie8's. I hope they will server me well, my only concern is the fit and size of them. Maybe I should have gone with the 7's being they seem to be a bit lighter and have better fit. Who knows, if they dont work out I will just have to order the 7's and sell the 8's. Thanks again

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #8 of 12
short answer, yes. Ie8 would everything IE7 dose and better in every aspect, better bass both quanity and quality / more clear mids and lusher/ more sparkle on highs and giant sound stage

Jul 7, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 12
The IE8's are actually very light and comfy. I wouldnt worry about it
smile.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #11 of 12
Well I just received my ie8's and.............all I can say is WOW! Amazing what a good set of earbuds will do for the listening experience. Worth every penny and if you are looking for a set head on over to J&R's, great customer service and a great price as well. I also installed the EQu app on my iphone which has also added to the listening experience as well. The app has added a lot, also makes me enjoy my Grado's more than I did. Thanks everyone

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Well I just received my ie8's and.............all I can say is WOW! Amazing what a good set of earbuds will do for the listening experience. Worth every penny and if you are looking for a set head on over to J&R's, great customer service and a great price as well. I also installed the EQu app on my iphone which has also added to the listening experience as well. The app has added a lot, also makes me enjoy my Grado's more than I did. Thanks everyone

Congrats! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back