These. Headphones..ARE AMAZING!!
Feb 1, 2011 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Skeith34

New Head-Fier
So as of a few weeks ago, I decided to join the audiophile world.

Starting to create music, such as dubstep and other genres.. I was told I should get the Audio Technica M50s

Trusting my now fellow audiophiles, I purchased them as of yesterday online, for $135

I received them today, Just unboxed everything, full warranty and all.

They are single handedly the best pair of headphones I have ever even LISTENED to. Nothing compares. I must say thankyou to everyone who has helped me, and I'm glad to join you all in the audiophile world! :D

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 21
Welcome to headfi. The journey is just getting started. It's only the beginning
L3000.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 21
I am most definitely excited to start my journey aswell :D

Quick question though, just wanna verify that I got a LEGIT pair of these babies. 

Do you have a legit box picture? Because the ones I see online isn't the same, as I can see the whole set of headphones, with a white box and no blue on the front. Just a gray lid and whatnot, I will upload a picture definitely. One moment.

Oh.. By the way, the dealer is authorized with 100% Feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180617960674&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1244wt_1139

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 21
Feb 1, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 21
Thanks! This listing seems like the lowest priced one on eBay.ca as well 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I am most definitely excited to start my journey aswell :D

Quick question though, just wanna verify that I got a LEGIT pair of these babies. 

Do you have a legit box picture? Because the ones I see online isn't the same, as I can see the whole set of headphones, with a white box and no blue on the front. Just a gray lid and whatnot, I will upload a picture definitely. One moment.

Oh.. By the way, the dealer is authorized with 100% Feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180617960674&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1244wt_1139

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 21
I am so relieved to hear that I got a legit pair haha xD.

I have been listening to these, and it's weird.. They keep just sounding better and better. I am actually believing that "Burn In" Process :p. I did load some Pink and White noise along with other pitches and breaks into them for a little bit, and I'll keep doing that when I'm at my desk, and not using them.

So excited to hear the full potential of these babies :D

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #11 of 21
Is it really THAT Noticable? Will I notice a difference say, if I put it on Burn in, all night for about 8 hours? I am definitely excited for this! :D

These have to be the first headphones as well that I am completely confident wont short on me or die out like (I'm sorry Head-fiers).. Skullcandys that I have had. I know! Im sorry! I'm a terrible person!

But anyways, on another note.. I want to get a Mac now, which is new to me. Normally I used to be wicked against Mac..Now I kind of want one xD.. Since I am into audio editing a lot. I actually think Logic Pro is a lot nicer than Fruity loops :O

(I'm a computer technician, so If anyone needs help, just ask xD)

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #12 of 21
Congrats! My M50s just arrived today, also. Right now I'm breaking them in on my head. Even pre break-in and running straight from an iPod Touch, I'm very impressed! I had to remove my 192kb AAC files and put Lossless versions on my iPod - a VERY noticeable difference. I can't wait to hear how they sound with 50 or so hours on them!

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #14 of 21
Not sure how noticeable an 8 hour burn in would be as I just listened to them instead of doing the burn-in thing :), but I'm sure it will be. For mine it seemed like the bass showed up out of nowhere lol

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 21
Mine come in tomorrow by "the end of the day" according to UPS. I even called and asked if I could stop by the shipping center to just pick them up. They said no.

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back