Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #11,326 of 12,550
popcorn.gif

February is a fast moving month, so...we'd better get on it!

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #11,327 of 12,550
Quote:Currawong
  I think that TMAC has run its course, so this year I've got something a bit different in store to replace it. 

You know how I gave out funny custom titles to people who did interesting things? If you wanted to give people some kind of award on Head-Fi, what would the award be for? How about an award for severe wallet damage? Or maybe one for attending the most meets? Or maybe an award for asking too many questions?

What kind of thing do you guys reckon?

Yep, TMAc is dead, but won't lie down.

Custom titles are good.

How will the awards be shown on the poster's banner?

I would say a gold crown in the middle of the banner with the reason underneath.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #11,328 of 12,550
The awards system puts badges of our design below a person's signature. It can be in posts or profiles. Likely I'll only have them show in posts for a short while, but always in profiles.

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #11,331 of 12,550
  The awards system puts badges of our design below a person's signature. It can be in posts or profiles. Likely I'll only have them show in posts for a short while, but always in profiles.

Based on TMAC's origin, your idea serves as a suitable replacement.

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #11,333 of 12,550
Wink should get an award for his steady trickle of posts keeping the TMAC thread technically alive, if not exactly lively. Also, he's managed to get recycled beer cans to generate sound which, last I looked, nobody else has yet managed. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #11,335 of 12,550
  Wink should get an award for his steady trickle of posts keeping the TMAC thread technically alive, if not exactly lively. Also, he's managed to get recycled beer cans to generate sound which, last I looked, nobody else has yet managed. 
biggrin.gif

Absolutely! He single-handedly kept checking-in with consistency. Wait...we're not going to owe him anything are we?
blink.gif

Hopefully, an award will serve...
normal_smile .gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #11,336 of 12,550
Over halfway towards March Madness or Miserable March.

This thread would still be buzzing if Warrenpchi didn't become a mod, Achmedisdead didn't really pass away and TwinQy could handle his twinkie and pineapple fetish.

Bowei007 got Manga'd, and everyone else were stunned as the thread went into a nosedive.

TMAC is on it's last legs, It was fun while it lasted.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #11,339 of 12,550
Only one big day away from another momth of spellbindingly brilliant posting on this salubrious thread which showcases the pinnacle of what Head-Fi has to offer.

Posters, please remember to keep the astronomically high standard of this thread advancing to stellar altitudes to which we are obviously intent in attaining.

So, let's greet the new month with our usual apathy and non-participation with the same enthusiasm which we have displayed in the past record breaking months of  indolence and by staying away on droves.

Have at it, dudes.

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #11,340 of 12,550
I'M BACK.

Hey guys, super long time no see! After a super rough year or so of schooling, things are settling down and I've decided to stop back at my favorite online community. Anyone care to fill me in on whats happened since I last stopped by in June 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back