Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #8,116 of 12,550
  So... what's this month's theme? It's september... so silly september? But all the pics are cartoons... but they all do look a bit silly :p

Oh durian, why is he back...do you see what we have to deal with from right off the bat?

The next avatar might be familiar to many of you...

Hooray! Dynomutt! That marks 4 that I recognize. 

Yes I've kept tabs.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #8,117 of 12,550
We've all dropped off into a cliff. Good Joe Pesci.

Art supplies talk.

So today I dropped by the crafts store to replenish some art supplies. Got a huge load of acrylics that I shall surely be using for making CIEMs or vomit murals. A lot more oils than I'm comfortable with (since I don't have a separate room for this stuff anymore). And happily enough, they got in this gorgeous set of Hi-Unis watercolors pencils in. My lifeline is really just Hi-Unis now - I don't bother dilligently restocking anything else - though I still have some Tombows ready for use, and some left unused, and of course the rarities which I use as sparingly as possible. The damage isn't too bad as well.

But of course, with my trusty Kotobuki in hand I barely find the time to lug around a full set. Nothing beats the smoothness of a good Hi-Uni but with some good lead-rolling...although I have to balance it out as usually my strokes are too light.

Then I remembered that I still had to spend all the store credit I accumlated as they borked one of my orders for paper last time. Got myself a couple of nice Moleskines. It's all they have in the way of fancy notebooks - everything else is special orders. Used up the three hand-bound ones from a local Hokkaido artisan that I got last trip from my relatives there. Nice handiwork.

And I found a massive sale at the asian stationary store for tiny erasers.

Cute.

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #8,118 of 12,550
Oh, this reminds me that my replacement Rotring 600 (shaddup I'm cheap) is coming in. Don't ask how I managed to break the first one. And a buttload of Uni lead, because you can never have enough lead you know? Gotta trick that Superman somehow.

I'm a Mitsubishi fandawg I admit it. Unfortunately I'm not a Rhodia fandawg like S.O.

Now back to your regularly scheduled random onmusings.
Pineapples, cheesesucks, and the awful Durian. Carry on.
(quadruple posts people come on don't make me look like a bored loser)

Wait wait wait, before I do a quintuple post - forgot to post these
asdfhjkl these are gorgeous. $61 for one set. Need to collect them all. Screw the Heaven C, for what I get with these I could draw a pair and they'd look and sound better.

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #8,119 of 12,550
I'd better post before Twi-hard posts a fifth time in a row. I've already lost Connect Four against him, but I'll be damned if he's going to beat me at Connect Five.

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #8,120 of 12,550
Nobody plays Connect Five. Just be glad we aren't playing Reversi or Go.

*Gasp* - CIEM faceplates based on Go stones. Hamaguri clam on one side and slate on the other. It'll require a real artisan though.

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #8,124 of 12,550
  Gotta look fabulous all the time. It's a lifestyle.

You could exfoliate with pineapple, I suppose....
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #8,126 of 12,550
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #8,129 of 12,550
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #8,130 of 12,550
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back