Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #6,796 of 12,550
I'm a big, tall guy, so finding the requisite hosiery and lingerie was a b**ch! :D

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #6,797 of 12,550
I saw The Wall live a few years ago when Roger Waters toured. It was AWESOME!!! One of the best sounding concerts I have ever been to.

I can appreciate RHPS, but I was never into the dress-up or throwing stuff at the stage. I was more of a back of the theater guy laughing at the weirdos (no offense Magick!)

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #6,798 of 12,550
Quote:
I'm a big, tall guy, so finding the requisite hosiery and lingerie was a b**ch!
biggrin.gif

Suddenly I am thinking of what the Kurgan would have looked like in drag....
eek.gif
 lol

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #6,799 of 12,550
I saw The Wall live a few years ago when Roger Waters toured. It was AWESOME!!! One of the best sounding concerts I have ever been to.

I can appreciate RHPS, but I was never into the dress-up or throwing stuff at the stage. I was more of a back of the theater guy laughing at the weirdos (no offense Magick!)

I was pretty weird, but the main reason I started going regularly was this really cute girl who was a regular there. :rolleyes:

Suddenly I am thinking of what the Kurgan would have looked like in drag....
eek.gif

lol

Not too far off, really. Made me appreciate what chicks go through wearing 4" heels.

Aug 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #6,800 of 12,550
I had no doubt there was a girl involved - isn't there always??

I suppose MTV pretty much killed the rock movie genre. That's kind of a pity - The combination of massive amounts of drugs with massive amounts of rock star money would always produce a movie that was good for a laugh at a midnight showing. Quadrophenia, Hard Day's Night, Song Remain The Same, The Wall, Tommy, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Gimme Shelter - and, of course, Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park!

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #6,802 of 12,550
I had no doubt there was a girl involved - isn't there always??

I suppose MTV pretty much killed the rock movie genre. That's kind of a pity - The combination of massive amounts of drugs with massive amounts of rock star money would always produce a movie that was good for a laugh at a midnight showing. Quadrophenia, Hard Day's Night, Song Remain The Same, The Wall, Tommy, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Gimme Shelter - and, of course, Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park!

and Jesus Christ Superstar! Oh wait... :wink:

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #6,803 of 12,550
Quote:
Reading the Arg's comments to Zardak on the M50 thread again. Cracks me up like no tomorrow.

You done good, you done good.

We all had fun in that thread, I think. I notice he's only been back on a few occasions since, and only to offer his M50 to people who are asking where they can get one cheap. I honestly wonder if he was just trying to rattle a bunch of people's nerves while he waited for somebody to buy his headphone, or else if he might have been somebody's sock puppet.

Whatever. He was fun while he was here. Mutual agreement, I'd say, since he seemed to be having a good time feeling superior to all us "toffee nosed" enthusiasts. I had to look that one up, and I learned an interesting etymology lesson, so that's even better.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #6,804 of 12,550
Toffees are indeed the superior hard candy. But let's not make another "fruit-whose-name-we-must-not-mention" war

What are your guy's plan for September? Sure there's still 17 days left but to put it in perspective there's only 17 days left.

An aside, I was think Doc December for our friend who never visits anymore.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #6,805 of 12,550
I miss Doc. That hat of his lent a certain character to this thread. We've lost other former regulars as well. I guess people move on, and that's fine, but damnit I wish everybody could be here all the time. 
frown.gif

And September...hmm. Dunno. What sort of things haven't we done? That begin with "S"? So far I haven't thought of anything, but I did learn the word "shylockian." That makes two things I've learned because of this thread in the space of an hour.

EDIT: Actually Doc himself was the first person to suggest Doc December:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630723/themed-monthly-avatar-committee-tmac-discussion-thread/405#post_8835734

I was just reading back through the thread again from the beginning, which I haven't done for a while. I still find it weird that I wasn't actually an original founding member of TMAC. It feels like I've been with it from the start, yet I didn't join until just before last November.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #6,806 of 12,550
How about Sherlock September? So many options there for imagery.....the BBC show "Sherlock", the American show "Elementary", the two movies from recent years...... 

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #6,808 of 12,550
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back