Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #6,241 of 12,550
I know how that is. Sometimes you hear things you'd rather not. Amusingly, it's often accompanied by a retort about how "he's always got those &*$(#(@ things on his ears."

I'm also amazed that people seem to think that headphones block out all sound while you're wearing them, too. It's as though these people have never worn headphones before, and I know that's not the case for many of them, so they should know better.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #6,243 of 12,550
Quote:
Hmm - I prefer IEMS and closed headphones precisely so I really can't hear other people blathering away...

I use open-back portables so that I can hear the cars coming (I was hit by cars twice in my younger days), and also if I am at the grocery store, I can simply press "pause" to interact with the cashier.  If I'm walking and there's enough traffic that it drowns out my music, I'll stop it rather than blast my tunes louder and  damage my ears further.

Due to a long childhood filled with ear infections and such, I can't use IEMs, which is too bad because they sure would be a lot more convenient to carry around. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #6,244 of 12,550
I don't typically wear 'phones when in a store or walking around - just in my car, bus, train & plane - or at work. The last thing I want to hear is the inane chattering of the gossip-loving people that sit near my office. I have no interest in what shoes so & so is wearing or who didn't invite who to the last Avon party.

Jul 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #6,245 of 12,550
Quote:
I just found this and got a good laugh out of it because I have done it....lol

And since I almost always am using supra-aurals, people just assume I can't hear them. 

I actually do that quite often. >_<
It's useful just to wear headphones for isolation's sake.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #6,246 of 12,550
Quote:
I just found this and got a good laugh out of it because I have done it....lol

And since I almost always am using supra-aurals, people just assume I can't hear them. 

I'd normally wear my alessandros if i want to hear my surroundings but if i want my own world, i switch to some iem's. Though i' pretty sure regardless of what i'm wearing i think they expect me to hear everything and be able to reply... 
redface.gif

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6,248 of 12,550
^ This to all my American Friends!
Happy 4th!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #6,250 of 12,550
Yep, happy Fourth. The boomers have been going off all day already. Granted, they've been going off for the past week, and will probably continue for a few more days, but still.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #6,253 of 12,550
Anyone looking for OUTSTANDING California-style BBQ should try Old San Luis BBQ Company in San Luis Obispo, CA: http://oldsanluisbbq.com/

This is NOT Kansas, Texas, Memphis or any other Midwest or Southern BBQ. This is Santa Maria & Central CA Coast BBQ. Nothing fancy - you order at a window and eat at the tables out front. If you need personal waitress service or even a plate - then go elsewhere. My wife and I had 3 of the primary menu items:

1) Tri-Tip Sandwich - you can get it with either fresh salsa or BBQ sauce and on either a French or sourdough roll. I had the traditional Santa Maria style - which is salsa on sourdough. The tri-tip was very tender and cooked perfectly, and the sourdough roll was OUTSTANDING - I'm not sure, but I think they use San Luis Sourdough, which is a local bakery that makes the best sourdough outside of San Francisco (maybe better).

2) Linguica Sandwich - the linguica is also locally made by Cattano Bros - and it was very sweet with lots of smokey flavor. They put grilled sweet onions and grilled sweet yellow, orange & red peppers on the linguica sandwich and it was PERFECT.

3) Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken cooked perfectly (moist and tender) with grilled onions and a Monterey jack cheese - excellent!

I also had a killer root beer float - real high-fat ice cream with real root beer - simple but outstanding!

These aren't my photos, but they will give you the idea:

Tri-Tip Sandwich:

Linguica Sandwich:

Highly Recommended!!

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #6,255 of 12,550
Yes indeed it is, I was just down to the workshop to put another coat of lacquer on my little beyerdynamic bits and bobs box. Also made an RCA splitter for the Little Dot MK IV that showed up on the doorstep... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back