Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015
Sep 3, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #62 of 151
There are 2 things in this world which will never go away. People will always screw others over for these 2 things.

Money
The opposite sex.

Also drugs.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #64 of 151
  I hope that the thieves didn't take the key.  The only way to turn on the original Orpheus amp is turn on the key.  Bad news indeed.    I hope they get it back.

Are you sure about this? I'd bet any skilled electrician would be able to open up this thing to connect two wires leading from the "ignition box"
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #67 of 151
Mmm..whoah! Major theft...almost as serious as the Audeze caper. Question: with that many pieces of headfi equipment (4 hdvd800s??? What!), how were the thief(ves) able to cart it without getting noticed? Just wondering.

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #69 of 151
It's selfish that someone would take the Orpheus for themselves, since other people will never get the chance of listening to it.

I might be wrong but I'm betting that they don't know what they have. To those not in the know the Orpheus would look like a piece of ancient electronics and just some old headphones.

My guess is that the trailer was targeted for the easy to shift things - you know, the "You wanna buy some cheap headphones" kind of stuff.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #71 of 151

Anybody else think that perhaps the thief isn't planning to sell the Orpheus?  For all we know, he seriously just wants it for his own personal listening pleasure :-/

Hell no.  Not giving a thief that much credit.  But then again, it's not like the movies.  Some thieves are just never caught.  

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #72 of 151
  sennheiser : could be clever to put an rfid device inside the products  besides the printed sn

For something like the Orpheus, they should put a GPS tracking lojack device.  Without telling anything of course.  

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #73 of 151
For something like the Orpheus, they should put a GPS tracking lojack device.  Without telling anything of course.  

I totally agree with this....a legacy product should be protected in these ways and all other means.....I listened to this phone last week and loved it immediately. Let's hope the new version it's even better and then the world can keep on moving upwards with a :smiley:

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #75 of 151
Hope the sennheiser account on reddit has received the message from this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3jh3cs/i_think_ive_found_the_stolen_sennheiser_orpheus/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back