Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Feb 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #946 of 1,185
I think it's either they didn't use a thread lock to keep them in and/or it wasn't screwed down tight.

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #949 of 1,185
Got the same issue with screws. All of them are loosing. I got my from ebay so maybe previous owner was discovering something there but it woks fine. Do you think this is common issue and they can fix it? Also, would they fix it for second owner?

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #950 of 1,185
Got the same issue with screws. All of them are loosing. I got my from ebay so maybe previous owner was discovering something there but it woks fine. Do you think this is common issue and they can fix it? Also, would they fix it for second owner?
I really like this player's sound with Andro so I'm not overly obsessed, I'll just contact the distributer or theBit. It's a well implemented Sabre for BA driver that sounds highest resolving and dynamic with large soundstage for the pricepoint(pretty much beats everything around price point and gets to the level of TOTL AK in terms of technicalities which I do like the sound for a DAP).

I didn't think it would be an issue at first with the kind of screw it is(star socket), but one screw fell off. Must be from didn't tighten with some or all with ample torque.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #951 of 1,185
Feb 23, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #953 of 1,185
I don't know what is the case, but quite possible some were't screw'd in tightly at the factory(or even all of them at wrong torque value). I just doubt that the star screws would lossen from rubbing over time. I have no idea what is going on, but a screw fell out. I'm thinking at the factory they didn't tighten them at a torque that prevents this issue. Check them to see if any of them are loose and tighten them.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #954 of 1,185
All mine are flush with the casing but I'll check them with one of my precision screw drivers, don't own any Torx that small. Wouldn't want to lose one, thanks for the heads up guys.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #957 of 1,185
My opus#2 power button isn't working anymore. I'm going crazy right now. It's brand new from 2nd January. I had same issues on volume control on my previous cayin n5 this is so damn unfortunate.

I hope that opus customer service is great

Mar 13, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #958 of 1,185
My opus#2 power button isn't working anymore. I'm going crazy right now. It's brand new from 2nd January. I had same issues on volume control on my previous cayin n5 this is so damn unfortunate.

The customer service should be great, and you are from Shanghai, so you should also get pretty quick shipping to Opus.

Tho, I might want to ask, this happening on 2 DAPs from 2 different companies, do you think you might be placing too much force on the buttons somehow? Like keeping the DAPs in a space where the buttons might be hit by something else?

Mar 13, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #959 of 1,185

What are the symptoms exactly? Is it possibly a system lock up, requiring a hard reboot?

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #960 of 1,185
Mmh i don't think I misuse or misplace my daps but I'll try to be even more careful in the future. I brang the opus#2 to the shop and they told me they would sent it to Guangzhou so that it gets repaired. I was a bit surprised because opus daps are made in Korea I believe but I asked the guy from the shop if they were sending it opus and he told me yes.

At the shop one guy managed to use the power button my pressing it harder on a side but it wasn't a normal way of functioning so they still sent it to be repaired. I should get it back in 2 week or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back