Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,126 of 1,185
This is now on Massdrop for $799. Would it be a significant upgrade in sound quality to the LG V30+?

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #1,127 of 1,185
It's actually for $725 which is a bargain!!! I have both. V30 mids are closer to front. In Opus mids are softer and veiled a bit. Stage in Opus is bigger but V30 handling high ohms as HD6xx better for my ear.

Attachments

• opus.PNG
    opus.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,128 of 1,185
It's actually for $725 which is a bargain!!! I have both. V30 mids are closer to front. In Opus mids are softer and veiled a bit. Stage in Opus is bigger but V30 handling high ohms as HD6xx better for my ear.

Thanks! Doesn't sound like there is much of an improvement in SQ then between the V30 and Opus, rather it sounds like they are more lateral differences. Is that fair?

Apr 6, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #1,129 of 1,185
I've got yet another problem with my opus 2...
(the two first ones were broken power button and poor USB contact which prevented it from charging ; first two problems were fixed by the support)
So my new problem is the 2.5 balanced port : the contact is very bad and the sound changes if my plugged cable isn't in a very specific position.
I already bought a new cable since I thought my cable was defective but I have the same issues with the new one.
I'm so upset by thebit for making such a good sounding device but with so many basic hardware problems. Maybe I just got an unlucky device.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #1,130 of 1,185
(the two first ones were broken power button and poor USB contact which prevented it from charging ; first two problems were fixed by the support)
So my new problem is the 2.5 balanced port : the contact is very bad and the sound changes if my plugged cable isn't in a very specific position.
I already bought a new cable since I thought my cable was defective but I have the same issues with the new one.
I'm so upset by thebit for making such a good sounding device but with so many basic hardware problems. Maybe I just got an unlucky device.

Agreed about 2.5 port. I noticed it's cutting left channel a bit if plug pulled toward screen. If it's pulled toward back of the player it's totally fine. It could be because left channel (hot) is on the tip of jack and it's loosing contact.

Apr 29, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,132 of 1,185
I demoed the #2 , its a very nice dap. Sound is clear not bright and not warm. UI is very good, everything is fast. I also enjoyed the 1S and to me either one is a winner. Both are great daps below the $1,000 USD price range.

May 5, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #1,136 of 1,185
With stock amp on DX220, I think Opus needs to think about releasing a new DAP. It is still good, and with the latest firmware it gives a notch of holographic sound. But DX220 and their improvements based off from DX200ti has place them very competitive in market against even higher priced DAP. This is my own preference but I like it more than N8.

May 5, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #1,137 of 1,185
With stock amp on DX220, I think Opus needs to think about releasing a new DAP. It is still good, and with the latest firmware it gives a notch of holographic sound. But DX220 and their improvements based off from DX200ti has place them very competitive in market against even higher priced DAP. This is my own preference but I like it more than N8.
Like it more than the N8 ? Are you serious ? N8 is totl sound, dx220 is so mid fi sound. Opus 2 is a good on the go dap but cant do what the N8 can.

May 6, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #1,139 of 1,185

Try cleaning with some deOxit (very thin coating on plug and insert into socket, rotate around, remove, wipe off, repeat a few times) sometimes the issue with plugs is just a slight oxidation preventing good contact and I think 2.5 TRRS has less contact area than normal. I don't have a #2 but its usually worth a try, cheaper than having a socket replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back