Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Apr 20, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #467 of 1,185
My opus2 just arrived. It looks really nice. Now i need 2.5mm cable for my u12. May be i will send my 2 cables back to re terminate from 4.4mm to 2.5mm.

Enjoy it. It is a really good DAP.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #468 of 1,185
My opus2 just arrived. It looks really nice. Now i need 2.5mm cable for my u12. May be i will send my 2 cables back to re terminate from 4.4mm to 2.5mm.

You can also get 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter?  Though, since I see you have WM1A for sale now, you probably don't need 4.4mm anymore and getting an adapter could cost you as much as retermination.  Maybe ask @PLUSSOUND

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #470 of 1,185
You can also get 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter?  Though, since I see you have WM1A for sale now, you probably don't need 4.4mm anymore and getting an adapter could cost you as much as retermination.  Maybe ask @PLUSSOUND

They don't have that adapter right now. Not on the market either.

Looking forward to your impressions regarding WM1A vs Opus#2 :thumbsup:

I don't have much time to spend with the opus2. I sold my 1A couple day ago. And i don't that the opus2 need to burn in or not. My 1A burned about 1060 hours. But i have some impressions about the opus2 with my u12 w/m15 + 3.5mm premium cable from 64audio, compared to my old 1A.
- It's big. Holding on my hand isn't comfortable like the 1A. It's heavier than 1A a little bit.Buttons on the left are easy to press by accident.
- Get warm. 1A stays cool all the time. Battery drops fast with high gain. 1A with high gain can last about 18-20 hours.
- Bigger soundstage than the 1A. It made me wow after a few seconds listen with my u12. For me the treble is better than 1A cus it's harsh like 1A. Im very sensitive with treble. With 1A sometime i have to low down the treble. But with opus2 treble is great. And opus2 is more musical than 1A.
Now im in love with the combo opus 2 and u12. I think it's worth to get the opus 2 after sold my 1A. 2 things i miss about 1A are the form factor and battery.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #471 of 1,185
They don't have that adapter right now. Not on the market either.
I don't have much time to spend with the opus2. I sold my 1A couple day ago. And i don't that the opus2 need to burn in or not. My 1A burned about 1060 hours. But i have some impressions about the opus2 with my u12 w/m15 + 3.5mm premium cable from 64audio, compared to my old 1A.
- It's big. Holding on my hand isn't comfortable like the 1A. It's heavier than 1A a little bit.Buttons on the left are easy to press by accident.
- Get warm. 1A stays cool all the time. Battery drops fast with high gain. 1A with high gain can last about 18-20 hours.
- Bigger soundstage than the 1A. It made me wow after a few seconds listen with my u12. For me the treble is better than 1A cus it's harsh like 1A. Im very sensitive with treble. With 1A sometime i have to low down the treble. But with opus2 treble is great. And opus2 is more musical than 1A.
Now im in love with the combo opus 2 and u12. I think it's worth to get the opus 2 after sold my 1A. 2 things i miss about 1A are the form factor and battery.

One of the really good things about your Opus #2 is you don't need to turn it off really. 1) a little annoying it scans the drive each time 2) the sleep mode is fantastic

The sleep mode is a real battery sipper. You are correct it is an excellent pairing with the U12.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #472 of 1,185
I just got an Opus#2 the day before yesterday and now I'm only waiting for my 1960s cables to arrive.

I came from the Mojo DAC, but wanted a change as it was not portable enough for me. And I shortlisted Opus lineup and Lotoo Paw gold as they have full-bodied sound signature, especially at the lower end of the frequency range. In the end I chose against LGP as it hissed too much on my Empire Ears Zeus R.

Opus #1 #2 and #3 are all good with Zeus R. There is a slight hissing once the music starts or a few seconds after it stops. This is rather bearable, as the Zeus R is a sensitive IEM to begin with. #1 has a sweet, analogue sound that emphasises on the low end. Not skewed, but it is definitely coloured. The drawback of this tuning though, is an early treble roll-off or the lack of airiness. #3 sounded similar to iBasso dx200. Clear and transparent, with a little bit more rumble in the bass than the AK players. Also, although it has the same DAC chip as LPG, it sounds very different. Yes, it is good sound, but it is unimpressive. It doesn't sound unique (doesn't have its own characteristic), and reminds me of the sound from my Galaxy S7 smartphone.

#2 was the one that really blew my mind. This DAP is very smooth but yet it has a unique low end rumble. It doesn't have the air and separation of AK380, or the exciting, energetic details of the Lotoo Paw Gold, but it is definitely enough to squeeze out the goodness of Zeus R. One issue about the Opus #2 is the availability of streaming apps. I'm not sure if Opus has a plan to add this feature, but at least for now, it is nothing less than a disappointment that #3 can use streaming apps but #2 cannot (they have very similar non-audio specs but #2 is significantly higher priced, ).

After using the #2 for a few days, I also realised that the OS needs a lot of. It is usable - no significant lags or crashes so far. However, the file navigation system in the default music app is a pain in the ass. Certain functions such as play next and add to playing queue are non-existent. Also saying that creating playlists is difficult is a gross understatement. I am only aware of one method to create a playlist, that is through the player's UI. And I can only add songs from a folder browser. That is not where the inflexibility ends - I can only add songs from one folder at a time. Every time after I click "Done" after adding a few songs, I'll be sent back to the root folder, only to navigate through my 4 layers of 100s of folders to get to the next folder to add a few more songs. And I usually have 10 playlists for different moods/times, and each of them contains about 100 songs. IDK how I'm gonna get myself through this.

I'm not sure if there are any other secret methods to create playlists, so if anyone knows PLEASE enlighten me. :)

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #473 of 1,185
  I just got an Opus#2 the day before yesterday and now I'm only waiting for my 1960s cables to arrive.

I came from the Mojo DAC, but wanted a change as it was not portable enough for me. And I shortlisted Opus lineup and Lotoo Paw gold as they have full-bodied sound signature, especially at the lower end of the frequency range. In the end I chose against LGP as it hissed too much on my Empire Ears Zeus R.

Opus #1 #2 and #3 are all good with Zeus R. There is a slight hissing once the music starts or a few seconds after it stops. This is rather bearable, as the Zeus R is a sensitive IEM to begin with. #1 has a sweet, analogue sound that emphasises on the low end. Not skewed, but it is definitely coloured. The drawback of this tuning though, is an early treble roll-off or the lack of airiness. #3 sounded similar to iBasso dx200. Clear and transparent, with a little bit more rumble in the bass than the AK players. Also, although it has the same DAC chip as LPG, it sounds very different. Yes, it is good sound, but it is unimpressive. It doesn't sound unique (doesn't have its own characteristic), and reminds me of the sound from my Galaxy S7 smartphone.

#2 was the one that really blew my mind. This DAP is very smooth but yet it has a unique low end rumble. It doesn't have the air and separation of AK380, or the exciting, energetic details of the Lotoo Paw Gold, but it is definitely enough to squeeze out the goodness of Zeus R. One issue about the Opus #2 is the availability of streaming apps. I'm not sure if Opus has a plan to add this feature, but at least for now, it is nothing less than a disappointment that #3 can use streaming apps but #2 cannot (they have very similar non-audio specs but #2 is significantly higher priced, ).

After using the #2 for a few days, I also realised that the OS needs a lot of. It is usable - no significant lags or crashes so far. However, the file navigation system in the default music app is a pain in the ass. Certain functions such as play next and add to playing queue are non-existent. Also saying that creating playlists is difficult is a gross understatement. I am only aware of one method to create a playlist, that is through the player's UI. And I can only add songs from a folder browser. That is not where the inflexibility ends - I can only add songs from one folder at a time. Every time after I click "Done" after adding a few songs, I'll be sent back to the root folder, only to navigate through my 4 layers of 100s of folders to get to the next folder to add a few more songs. And I usually have 10 playlists for different moods/times, and each of them contains about 100 songs. IDK how I'm gonna get myself through this.

I'm not sure if there are any other secret methods to create playlists, so if anyone knows PLEASE enlighten me. :)

Are you talking about Opus#2 or another dap?
wink.gif

In the main screen, at the bottom you have Play/Pause button in the middle and Skip Next/Prev to skip the song.  If you want to fast forward, drag the time marker above.  Another fast way to skip next/prev is by swiping the artwork screen left/right.  Or you can use hw playback control buttons on the side to play/pause and skip next/prev.  Just keep in mind when you pause the song (when screen is off), after 6-7 seconds it enters a deep sleep mode and you will have to turn the screen back on to wake it up.

With playlist, you tap the screen once (the part of the screen where the artwork is displayed), and in the upper right corner you will see a "star" to tag song as Favorite (adds to favorite playlist) or the icon to the right of it to add to a playlist.  If you don't have any playlist setup yet, click on New and type the name, otherwise select from a list of previously created playlists.  Very easy.  Done!

Opus#1, #2, and #3 have identical GUI, one of the easiest and the most intuitive I came across, and I have tested dozens of daps
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #474 of 1,185

Are you talking about Opus#2 or another dap?
wink.gif

In the main screen, at the bottom you have Play/Pause button in the middle and Skip Next/Prev to skip the song.  If you want to fast forward, drag the time marker above.  Another fast way to skip next/prev is by swiping the artwork screen left/right.  Or you can use hw playback control buttons on the side to play/pause and skip next/prev.  Just keep in mind when you pause the song (when screen is off), after 6-7 seconds it enters a deep sleep mode and you will have to turn the screen back on to wake it up.

With playlist, you tap the screen once (the part of the screen where the artwork is displayed), and in the upper right corner you will see a "star" to tag song as Favorite (adds to favorite playlist) or the icon to the right of it to add to a playlist.  If you don't have any playlist setup yet, click on New and type the name, otherwise select from a list of previously created playlists.  Very easy.  Done!

Opus#1, #2, and #3 have identical GUI, one of the easiest and the most intuitive I came across, and I have tested dozens of daps
wink.gif

Thanks for the tips, and yes, I'm talking about Opus#2.

For my complaint about file navigation, I guess I didn't phrase it clearly enough. What I meant to say was, some shortcuts commonly available on other music apps such as Spotify, Power Amp and USB Audio Player Pro, are not available on Opus#2.  These shortcuts include the function to add music into the current playing queue (the "add to queue" and "play next", not "skip song"). The playlist creation point stems from my personal habit. I am used to listening to my own playlists instead of entire albums. Therefore I wanted to set up the playlists before I start properly listening to music for an extended periods of time. Your suggestion of adding music to a playlist when that track is being played is quite inconvenient for me, as I need to repeat the step for hundred-odd times to make a full playlist for myself. One possible solution I can think of is to group the songs from different albums in the same folder using computer and use the entire folder as a playlist. But this messes up my folder arrangement and thus is not a very elegant solution IMO.

I haven't got the opportunity to compare a dozen of daps. I represent the regular consumer. I have used plenty of affordable or even free music apps and my preference for certain shortcuts and music listening habits have developed over the years and therefore I found it to be a tiny bit of inconvenient when Opus#2 didn't have these shortcuts. Of course, Opus#2 has a decent GUI among the many daps we have seen over the years, but when compared to other music apps targeted at a wider, less-niche user base, the Opus#2 GUI still has room for improvement.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #475 of 1,185
@Dingding123, I guess my reference is other non-Android DAPs
wink.gif
  I never looked at Opus daps as a smartphone with other audio playback daps, but rather as a standalone audiophile dap with it's own customized gui.  Of course, there are many great highly polished apps out there, but you will need a dap with open Android to install it, or to use your smartphone with external DAC/amp setup.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #476 of 1,185
  Thanks for the tips, and yes, I'm talking about Opus#2.

For my complaint about file navigation, I guess I didn't phrase it clearly enough. What I meant to say was, some shortcuts commonly available on other music apps such as Spotify, Power Amp and USB Audio Player Pro, are not available on Opus#2.  These shortcuts include the function to add music into the current playing queue (the "add to queue" and "play next", not "skip song"). The playlist creation point stems from my personal habit. I am used to listening to my own playlists instead of entire albums. Therefore I wanted to set up the playlists before I start properly listening to music for an extended periods of time. Your suggestion of adding music to a playlist when that track is being played is quite inconvenient for me, as I need to repeat the step for hundred-odd times to make a full playlist for myself. One possible solution I can think of is to group the songs from different albums in the same folder using computer and use the entire folder as a playlist. But this messes up my folder arrangement and thus is not a very elegant solution IMO.

I haven't got the opportunity to compare a dozen of daps. I represent the regular consumer. I have used plenty of affordable or even free music apps and my preference for certain shortcuts and music listening habits have developed over the years and therefore I found it to be a tiny bit of inconvenient when Opus#2 didn't have these shortcuts. Of course, Opus#2 has a decent GUI among the many daps we have seen over the years, but when compared to other music apps targeted at a wider, less-niche user base, the Opus#2 GUI still has room for improvement.

The easiest way I've found to create playlists is on the computer. There I have the folder layout identical to what is on the Opus. Then drag the songs into VLC where I can change order using drag and drop. Then in VLC do a save playlist as a .m3u. Then edit the .m3u file in a text editor to remove any leading path information that is specific to the computer so that the song path starts with the root folder name on the Opus. I thing I like with the Opus is that you don't need to know where the song is stored, internal or external, the player will find it. I have 100 playlists that I created this way. I then created a folder called playlists put all the playlists in it and copy it on the Opus. Then on the Opus all my playlists show in the browser under playlists.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #477 of 1,185

The easiest way I've found to create playlists is on the computer. There I have the folder layout identical to what is on the Opus. Then drag the songs into VLC where I can change order using drag and drop. Then in VLC do a save playlist as a .m3u. Then edit the .m3u file in a text editor to remove any leading path information that is specific to the computer so that the song path starts with the root folder name on the Opus. I thing I like with the Opus is that you don't need to know where the song is stored, internal or external, the player will find it. I have 100 playlists that I created this way. I then created a folder called playlists put all the playlists in it and copy it on the Opus. Then on the Opus all my playlists show in the browser under playlists.

Wow, that's an ingenious method. Will try tomorrow! :)

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #479 of 1,185
I need your input on this Guys.
So I bought the opu#2 from musicteck and paid for priority shipping to the UK. Andrew from musicteck quickly shipped my order same day. Now I tracked it from day one and after 3 days the package for unknown reason was delivered back to musicteck. Now I contacted them about this issue and Andrew went to the post office to find out why. They couldn't explain why the item was returned but offered to take it back and process it again to which he agreed. Now they took it back and scanned but the problem is there's no tracking number, as the original tracking shows that the item was delivered. Now my order worth over 1k is in the mail without me knowing when it'll even be delivered or in which location in the world it may be at the moment. I feel shafted for getting such a sevice after paying the premium for priority shipping. I want to open a PayPal case but I've heard good things from people who have bought from musicteck and received excellent service including Twister. Has anyone else had issues with musicteck regards shipping?. What would be the best thing to do at this point.?Thanks

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #480 of 1,185
I need your input on this Guys.
So I bought the opu#2 from musicteck and paid for priority shipping to the UK. Andrew from musicteck quickly shipped my order same day. Now I tracked it from day one and after 3 days the package for unknown reason was delivered back to musicteck. Now I contacted them about this issue and Andrew went to the post office to find out why. They couldn't explain why the item was returned but offered to take it back and process it again to which he agreed. Now they took it back and scanned but the problem is there's no tracking number, as the original tracking shows that the item was delivered. Now my order worth over 1k is in the mail without me knowing when it'll even be delivered or in which location in the world it may be at the moment. I feel shafted for getting such a sevice after paying the premium for priority shipping. I want to open a PayPal case but I've heard good things from people who have bought from musicteck and received excellent service including Twister. Has anyone else had issues with musicteck regards shipping?. What would be the best thing to do at this point.?Thanks

Keep in contact with Andrew. My experience has been real good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back