thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Nov 14, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #603 of 945
Do you have a link ?

MusicTeck in NJ sell them at US$69 and will ship but they charge US$50 shipping so that ends up as nearly Can$160 plus any import duty added on

Does the case for the #1 fit the #1S aswell ? For case and device the best so far I have is a combo of Amazon.ca and Musicteck for Can$765 or purely from Musicteck for Can$620 plus whatever the import duty is.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #604 of 945
Where can you get the leather case in Canada ?
I got the player at electronics for less in TO. The case was difficult to track down. Avoid US sites, they are a total rip. I got one from Jaben in Singapore. It wasn't cheap but priced in Cdn plus shipping around $110. Ask them to mark the package under $15 to avoid tax and duty which they gladly did. A reliable operator.

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #606 of 945
Do you have a link ?

MusicTeck in NJ sell them at US$69 and will ship but they charge US$50 shipping so that ends up as nearly Can$160 plus any import duty added on

Does the case for the #1 fit the #1S aswell ? For case and device the best so far I have is a combo of Amazon.ca and Musicteck for Can$765 or purely from Musicteck for Can$620 plus whatever the import duty is.

Yeah, they're identical so the case fits both.

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #607 of 945
I bought mine from Music Teck online. It came with the case for free. Here's a picture of the display showing 32 bit WAV. I don't know if it's just showing the file format and down sampling, or actually playing 32 bit. Sorry for the crappy pic
20181114_105111.jpg

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #608 of 945
I have two 400GB SD cards currently formatted using FAT32 that I used briefly in my FiiOX5iii. I used Dapper to transfer the contents of my Music drive over ( it was a painful two days ).

Am I right in thinking the Opus #1S uses cards formatted using exFAT ? I am wondering if I can avoid doing a reformat and recopying. If so, is there an advantage in using exFAT ?
If it means a reformat then I think I will just use my iMac's single SD Card slot to do the transfer next time, it might be slightly quicker than having the cards in the device.

Thoughts ?

Nov 18, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #611 of 945
Nov 18, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #612 of 945
Thanks mate. I guess with using the optical out instead of a straight line out connection, you aren’t using the internal DACs in the former case, as you would in my case be using the DAC in the Marantz receiver, but in the latter the receiver would just be pushing out the analogue signal after the Opus had processed it through its own DACs

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #613 of 945
Hi guys,

I need some advise.

I have a Opus #1s. I have been contemplating on selling it to fund for a Hiby R6. On one hand, i frequent streaming through Spotify but on the other hand, i value the dual memory cards and added capacity that the Opus #1S offers. I have absolutely no problems with the sound quality of the #1s. Yet, the price of the R6 currently is discounted for Black Friday, i'm quite torn apart now for a decision.....so should i get the R6 and let the #1s go? Anyone has both that can compare how the R6 sounds, is it a step up from the #1s in terms of sound quality and functionality?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #615 of 945
Hi guys,

I need some advise.

I have a Opus #1s. I have been contemplating on selling it to fund for a Hiby R6. On one hand, i frequent streaming through Spotify but on the other hand, i value the dual memory cards and added capacity that the Opus #1S offers. I have absolutely no problems with the sound quality of the R6. Yet, the price of the R6 currently is discounted for Black Friday, i'm quite torn apart now for a decision.....so should i get the R6 and let the #1s go? Anyone has both that can compare how the R6 sounds, is it a step up from the #1s in terms of sound quality and functionality?
Clearly you need both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back