thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Nov 26, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #618 of 945
I have both the AK70Mk2 and the Opus#1s and it is a tossup in the Sound quality and build department. I think the AK70 firmware is a bit more intuitive and I like the playlist functions better but I still split time between the Opus and the AK as they both offer a lot for the $.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #619 of 945
I got my Opus#1s today! purple with red leather :heart_eyes:, anyone know where can I find a micro usb to micro usb short cable to connect my mojo to the Opus? I have one but is not good quality.

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #620 of 945
I have both the AK70Mk2 and the Opus#1s and it is a tossup in the Sound quality and build department. I think the AK70 firmware is a bit more intuitive and I like the playlist functions better but I still split time between the Opus and the AK as they both offer a lot for the $.

If these were the same price, which would you purchase?

Nov 27, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #621 of 945
If these were the same price, which would you purchase?

Probably 55 times out of 100 I'd buy the AK70mk2 and the other 45 I'd buy the Opus#1s - they are that close.

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #622 of 945
Today I downloaded a digital copy of a new vinyl release. The files are .mp3 On my Opus #1 they are shown as 16bit/44.1kHz. On my Opus #1s they are shown as 24bit/44.1kHz. Wonder if there is a real difference from the decoders?

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #628 of 945
Sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I did a quick search and couldn't find a solid answer...

I just got my #1s, and I'm disappointed in the weird way the firmware sorts the album list (it looks like it's alphabetized twice). I see it's not just me - others have this issue as well - but I'm wondering what the status of the issue is. Is there a fix, or are we waiting for Audio Opus to fix it in a future firmware update?

Otherwise, I'm really impressed with the sound.

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #629 of 945
Best way I have found is to put A-L on Card 1 and M-Z on card 2 so it keeps the whole list cleaned up. It sorts per card or storage location so with 2 cards you can actually end up with 3 lists. Internal, card1, card2.

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #630 of 945
Sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I did a quick search and couldn't find a solid answer...

I just got my #1s, and I'm disappointed in the weird way the firmware sorts the album list (it looks like it's alphabetized twice). I see it's not just me - others have this issue as well - but I'm wondering what the status of the issue is. Is there a fix, or are we waiting for Audio Opus to fix it in a future firmware update?

Otherwise, I'm really impressed with the sound.

Thanks!

I no longer have this device but remember that mp3 were sorted prior to FLAC.
From memory changing the ID3 version number using mp3tag did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back