thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
May 15, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #376 of 945
Smoother DAPs will indeed pair more easily with most IEMs.
Its easier on the ears but I find that neutral/bright daps pair better with most gear because most gear is already warm sounding.

May 15, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #377 of 945
Its easier on the ears but I find that neutral/bright daps pair better with most gear because most gear is already warm sounding.

Can't say I fully agree with that. So much is coming out of Asia now a days, and that market favors brighter treble in a big way.

It's nice to have a warmer DAP for many of those review units. Opus#1S fulfills that need nicely. :D

May 15, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #378 of 945
Can't say I fully agree with that. So much is coming out of Asia now a days, and that market favors brighter treble in a big way.

It's nice to have a warmer DAP for many of those review units. Opus#1S fulfills that need nicely. :D
Haha i haven't tried a lot of Asian brands. Can you name a few?

I think dunu is the only one I know that's bright sounding.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #380 of 945
May 16, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #381 of 945
Tried all the brands you listed but Rhapsodio. I'll check out the thread, thanks :wink:

Fidue (A91) wasn't too bad but yes it was brighter than most. FiiO iems (F9, F9pro) just had peaky treble which made it have some treble hotness, not quality treble. Jomo (6 V2) had more of a neutral sound with a bit of warmth if Im not mistaken. iBasso IEM's were actually not bad. I liked the IT01 more than the IT03 though. They were neutral-warm too.

Edit: It's going to take me a year or more to read through the threads :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #383 of 945
I have spent more time reading about stuff than actually buying or listening to it...
I think that's true for everyone except for the richest of head-fiers or well known reviewers.

Or maybe the lucky ones living in Japan :D

May 16, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #385 of 945
Fidue (A91) wasn't too bad but yes it was brighter than most.
iBasso IEM's were actually not bad. I liked the IT01 more than the IT03 though. They were neutral-warm too.
Cymbals with Fidue Sirius do sound dry with Opus #1/#1S, although the rest of the spectrum just pairs nicely, and mids are epic in terms of separation and power (yummy guitar crunches and bass slams!). When I had my Cayin N5, changing the digital filters made cymbals rendering more natural.
IT03 overall pairs nicely due to the treble being more relaxed.

When I have time I'll try my Fibae ME with Opus #1S, but removing the 4.4mm cable is a pain I don't want to go through too often due to the tight connectors of the Fibae.

May 16, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #386 of 945
Cymbals with Fidue Sirius do sound dry with Opus #1/#1S, although the rest of the spectrum just pairs nicely, and mids are epic in terms of separation and power (yummy guitar crunches and bass slams!). When I had my Cayin N5, changing the digital filters made cymbals rendering more natural.
IT03 overall pairs nicely due to the treble being more relaxed.

When I have time I'll try my Fibae ME with Opus #1S, but removing the 4.4mm cable is a pain I don't want to go through too often due to the tight connectors of the Fibae.
If you don't mind the more neutral sound of the Finder X1, they'll give you even better attacks and decays. They are easily the best iems I've heard so far when it comes to attacks and decays. I'll try to do a side by side comparison of the Finders and the Sirius when I have the chance. I bet the Finders win in every department except for the highest of trebles. The Sirius likely has more energy on top if memory serves.

The finders were an unexpectedly good purchase lol.

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #387 of 945
My review now also on Head fi

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/thebit-opus-1s.22941/reviews

opus#1s.jpg

May 20, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #390 of 945
Thanks for the great information on this thread. I just placed an order for the Opus #1s as a replacement for my Cayin N5, which is giving me fits trying to charge it. I also look forward to a library database without a 15,000 song cap! (I have 37K songs in my library, so those limits can make a database virtually useless to me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back