thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Jul 17, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #497 of 945
If you are talking about the Opus it is available at Amazon.ca for 499 and at Electronics for Less for 529 but they price match and discount another 5% so 476. A reasonable price for Canada. Also you are dealing in country so if any problems you have access to a local retailer. Ever try getting something serviced out of country?
I tried to get my Cayin N5 serviced thru Cayin,as my wheels fell off the wagon so to speak ( control disc) not a good experience

Jul 20, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #498 of 945
I recently picked up the Opus #1S as a DAP. This is my first serious DAP from a long dead old iPod. My home system is a WA2 with upgraded tubes to a set of with Beyer T1.2s. I purchased a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2s to use with the Opus.

I really did not care for the sound signature of the M2s. To my brain, there was a harshness and edge in the high mids. Horns, and some vocals, were just sharp and I knew this was not good. Over time, it seemed to be less significant than when I first tested the headphones, but even with some EQ adjustments it was still there and I knew it wasn’t what I really wanted.

When I posted that I ordered M2s to go with the Opus, there were a couple recommendations that the Meze 99s, would be a better matching. After my dissatisfaction with the M2s, I ordered a pair of Meze 99 Neos. For me the sound signature is so much better than the M2s. A little warmer in the bottom end, and smooth through the frequency range – no edge – no sharpness. All the instrumentation is clear and present, with clarity and definition and aside from the bass, no significant departure from my perception of acceptably flat.

I am so much happier with the 99s than the M2s. I wanted to say thanks for the people who suggested the 99s (PinkyPowers & dafos58). I know it’s all a very personal thing, and everything I can afford is a compromise, but this is a place I can be happy.

Lucifigus

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #499 of 945
I am so much happier with the 99s than the M2s. I wanted to say thanks for the people who suggested the 99s (PinkyPowers & dafos58). I know it’s all a very personal thing, and everything I can afford is a compromise, but this is a place I can be happy. Lucifigus

Great to hear! If you want you can try to use the equalizer settings metioned hear: https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2017/04/meze-99-classics.html. It makes this combination (at least for my ears) sound even better!

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #500 of 945
Has anyone tried using the USB audio output with a schiit fulla 2? If the answer is 'yes' is the opus#1s battery being charged at all during this type of use or will the battery run out of power eventually

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #502 of 945
Thanks .. for the info ...

I'm sometimes using my S1 as a source at work using the optical out. I also have an ibasso DX80 which has both an optical and Coaxial out ... I think the coaxial might sound a bit better but I'm not quite sure ... I think I'm trying to bias myself
To me, optical always sounds better just as long as the cables and ports aren't fussy and loose

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #505 of 945
Latest firmware from http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=15757&uid=578&mod=document . The download speed is v e r y s l o w ........

[OPUS#1S] FIRMWARE UPDATE_VERSION_1.00.04 Author thebit16 Date 2018-07-27 15:48
*** Firmware Version : 1.00.04 Contect ***
=============================================================
1. Fixed the issure that Dop64, Dop128 does not play in "Usb Audio Out mode".
=============================================================

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #507 of 945
Hi everybody
I'm new to the thread and I bought the Opus 1S just a week ago. Great sounding player, I am completely satisfied with the way it sounds.
However I found out that the back panel, on the corner where are the MicroSD slots, is not completely flush and if pressed will make a very low volume clicky sound, more like a vibration, as if it wasn't assembled correctly. It happens only in that corner area (not exactly on the corner but on the whole area around it) and I was wondering if that was a design choice (maybe for the MSD slots) or if my unit is defective. Since I live in Italy and I bought the player from the US, if I can avoid sending a perfectly fine unit back, that would save me money. Does anyone has the same issue as mine? Thanks in advance for any reply.

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #509 of 945
Are you referring to the different sorting of MP3 vs FLAC? MP3 seems to be sorted first.

No it does not combine the lists, you still have each storage location in order in the artists and songs list.

On another note, All the new firmware's are also up on my site for faster retreival rronline.org/opus. I am building a new page named audiofool.reviews that will become the permanent home for all my stuff here shortly once I get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back