thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Feb 10, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #136 of 945
Looks like everyone lost interest in this dap. Can't wait to listen to it at CanJam NYC.

I very much like the review unit I have. Compared to my #2, it has what I would call a bit more “exuberant” sound, and a bit “unrefined,” but it is that playful sound, which I do like. Lagging a bit behind the #2 in detail presentation, the added power makes for a very nice package.

Feb 10, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #137 of 945
I very much like the review unit I have. Compared to my #2, it has what I would call a bit more “exuberant” sound, and a bit “unrefined,” but it is that playful sound, which I do like. Lagging a bit behind the #2 in detail presentation, the added power makes for a very nice package.

Totally agreed.

I also am amazed by how playful it can sound

Feb 10, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #139 of 945
I'll be spending a lot more time with the 1S in a few days. Working on another review right now, and it demands most of my listen-time.

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #141 of 945
My understanding is that this is a closed android device with no WIFI. Therefore, no TIDAL and no Spotify. That makes this device more of a competitor of the Shanling M3s than devices like the FiOO x5 MkIII, Hiby R6 and Cayiin N5ii.

I personally stopped purchasing music outright a few years ago. I am always discovering new music and streaming —> download through apps like Tidal and Spotify enables me to continue to expand and change my active listening albums/playlists without a huge down deposit.

Therefore, as nice as this device sounds, I’m going to have to consider some of the full android devices mentioned above.

Anyone with any insight?

Thanks In advance

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #142 of 945
My understanding is that this is a closed android device with no WIFI. Therefore, no TIDAL and no Spotify. That makes this device more of a competitor of the Shanling M3s than devices like the FiOO x5 MkIII, Hiby R6 and Cayiin N5ii.

I personally stopped purchasing music outright a few years ago. I am always discovering new music and streaming —> download through apps like Tidal and Spotify enables me to continue to expand and change my active listening albums/playlists without a huge down deposit.

Therefore, as nice as this device sounds, I’m going to have to consider some of the full android devices mentioned above.

Anyone with any insight?

Thanks In advance

You are correct. This does not have streaming capability.

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #143 of 945
I'll be spending a lot more time with the 1S in a few days. Working on another review right now, and it demands most of my listen-time.
Fortunately, it is the only DAP I have left to review at this time since I just finished the Shanling M3s, so it is getting a lot of time these days.

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #144 of 945
Whoops. Posted some photos in the 1 thread that should have been in the 1S thread

E60E5B6B-8FAC-4F20-9410-C83E64C9F654.jpeg F4CF0F89-930F-433E-AF60-1E413091DEED.jpeg 4D969499-70C5-4CAD-A397-E1795A570018.jpeg EEC1437F-87D9-4849-A5F3-92C83ED25D2D.jpeg

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #145 of 945

Anyone with any insight?

Thanks In advance

Now, now. #1s sounds good enough for it to justify everything else

On the other hand, I'd say that if you really need streaming, there is Hiby R6, Cayin N5ii, FiiO X5-3, and many others which are streaming capable.

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #146 of 945

Anyone with any insight?

Thanks In advance
You still have Opus #3 if you're after Opus sound with WiFi.
It is currently on sale (US/Singapore).

I would kindly advise against FiiO X5iii. Great built, great design, but cumbersome UI and downright horrible autonomy (and that was with WiFi/BT off, so imagine for your use).

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #147 of 945

Please do an in-depth comparison with N5ii as well . I also have both in my hands and I find them to be quite enjoyable both, but I think that I'm often more drawn to #1s due to its good synnergy with Amiron

Feb 11, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #148 of 945
Feb 11, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #149 of 945
Please do an in-depth comparison with N5ii as well . I also have both in my hands and I find them to be quite enjoyable both, but I think that I'm often more drawn to #1s due to its good synnergy with Amiron

Oh I will. In my eyes the N5ii is the main competition for the 1S.

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #150 of 945
theBit Opus#1S review is up!!! Just posted it HERE, with a main focus on comparison to #1 and other DAPs. Soon to be posted on HF as well.

thebit_opus#1s-09.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back