thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 30, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,454 of 4,190
That's great to have the screen off to control music within 2 min. If there is a setting to be set it would be much better.
Anyway it seems like it doesn't have DSD native written on spec...Hmmmmmmm (Hope it doesn't happen like the 1 did)

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #3,456 of 4,190
lurk650 said:
I already have a Pioneer XDP-300R now so I need the #1 gone. No use for it.

I also did the same thing - bought 300R black. I'm tired of waiting for fixing erorrs in firmware. Last firmware update was released in May. Despite of reporting quirks and failures to TheBit company - nothing happens.
This is IMHO common way of doing things by many companies - first release a product, in a half year release another product, then abandon software development for the first one. Cayin, iBasso, Opus are good examples.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #3,457 of 4,190
What firmware errors other than the 10 second bug?

My OPUS#1 has been rock solid with no issues over the past year.

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #3,461 of 4,190
Mine has developed a problem. I can't get into settings. The first pull down screen is fine, but touching the settings icon just goes back to the play screen. I have tried the long press reset, but the problem still persists. It does not appear to be a hardware issue as the digitiser appears to respond in the top right corner.
Obviously I can't access any new firmware update, which might fix the problem, but it all works fine. I have to turn it off to update the cards as I have it set to charge only.

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #3,463 of 4,190
Stops after a few seconds after start and the player restarts itself. And this is not a specific file problem - on LG V20 there is no problem at all with the same track. Of course, I can convert APE files to FLAC, but this is not a perfect solution.

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #3,464 of 4,190
Stops after a few seconds after start and the player restarts itself. And this is not a specific file problem - on LG V20 there is no problem at all with the same track. Of course, I can convert APE files to FLAC, but this is not a perfect solution.

I'll try if I can simulate the problem on mine as I also own a V20. Will gather some of my albums on APE format.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #3,465 of 4,190
Hey guys, looking into upgrading my DAP, should I wait for the #1s or just go for the #1 Metal Premium, the price is quite a steal on amazon for the metal premium.I know the #1s hasn't been launched yet but, is it going to be worth the wait? .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back