thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Aug 24, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #3,121 of 4,190
I guess the battery won't last long if I never shut it off. There should be an option to rescan on not to rescan. This automatic rescan on power up is crazy, it takes 20 min to rescan 11900 songs. Must sleep be turned on or is this built in, you say it's a default but I see a sleep button with various time settings. When it's working properly it starts playing the last song played.

Just a few seconds after the player becomes inactive, it will automatically sleep. It will lose very little battery power while in this mode. Please read some of the earlier pages of this thread. There is so much information here that users have taken much time to share.

I never turn mine off. This is a really great feature.

I do agree it would be good to have the option to not rescan on boot.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #3,122 of 4,190
IMG_1090.JPG
Opus#1 -> Effect Ares II Balance -> K10ua -> Bliss!

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #3,123 of 4,190
Just a few seconds after the player becomes inactive, it will automatically sleep. It will lose very little battery power while in this mode. Please read some of the earlier pages of this thread. There is so much information here that users have taken much time to share.

I never turn mine off. This is a really great feature.

I do agree it would be good to have the option to not rescan on boot.

Same i never turn mine off.

Aug 26, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #3,124 of 4,190
Same i never turn mine off.
You're correct. I never turn my iPhone off, but I was not used to not turning my dac's off after each use. Now that I've had a few days using Opus 1, I agree it is nice to have instant music and not having to wait until the dac powers up. After two days I see very little change in the battery icon. It would have been nice if they explained the deep sleep method in the manual.

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #3,125 of 4,190
After two days I see very little change in the battery icon. It would have been nice if they explained the deep sleep method in the manual.

They should have. I did not realize until I read through this thread. Like you, I was annoyed waiting 15 minutes or more for it to rebuild the database. I am happy that if I want to just quickly add a few albums I can just connect it to my PC with it powered on and the albums will be added to the database on the fly...no need to reboot the dap. I have found that I need to use the cable that came with the Opus or the computer won't recognize it. It shows up as a device. No drive letters are assigned. I do take the cards out and use acard reader if I need to do a lot with the files. The processor in the Opus is too slow for that.

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #3,126 of 4,190
I have found that I need to use the cable that came with the Opus or the computer won't recognize it. It shows up as a device. No drive letters are assigned.

this is normally the case for new Windows OS. it shows it as another device and won't assign any drive letters. you can use any USB cable - i'm using my Blackberry cable and it works fine.

and let the device finish scanning 1st before connecting to you PC - so that it will show you all of the contents. If you turn on the DAP and plugged it immediately to the PC, normally it will still show the device, but when you open it, it won't show the built in memory and microSD.

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #3,127 of 4,190
No I really meant that other cables will not do it...unlike with other devices...others have documented this as well for this particular dap. I cannot just grab any old usb cable that is lying around.

As far as letting the device finish scanning...I never turn it off as discussed earlier.

As far as drive letters are concerned, my other daps do get a drive letter...for each card...so really those daps are being seen as card readers.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #3,128 of 4,190
No I really meant that other cables will not do it...unlike with other devices...others have documented this as well for this particular dap. I cannot just grab any old usb cable that is lying around.

As far as letting the device finish scanning...I never turn it off as discussed earlier.

As far as drive letters are concerned, my other daps do get a drive letter...for each card...so really those daps are being seen as card readers.

yeah, i get what you mean, my other DAPs also gets letters assigned to them. but to me, as long as it's working, i'm fine with it. I don't know why you can't use other USB cables, quite weird actually. i can use any other USB cable with my #1 & #3 and they all work fine.

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #3,129 of 4,190
yeah, i get what you mean, my other DAPs also gets letters assigned to them. but to me, as long as it's working, i'm fine with it. I don't know why you can't use other USB cables, quite weird actually. i can use any other USB cable with my #1 & #3 and they all work fine.

Maybe you have better usb cables. If I took the time to try every usb cable in the house I probably could find others that work. I just know I was unable to use a couple of the ones I had used with my ebook readers that were one my desk at the time. I really only mentioned it so that if it happens to someone else, don't panic...just use the one that is provided for the Opus.

Aug 26, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #3,130 of 4,190
I always used the USB cable that came with my AK120II, and every device read correctly, with its proper name. Including Opus#1 and #2.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #3,131 of 4,190
I guess the battery won't last long if I never shut it off. There should be an option to rescan on not to rescan. This automatic rescan on power up is crazy, it takes 20 min to rescan 11900 songs. Must sleep be turned on or is this built in, you say it's a default but I see a sleep button with various time settings. When it's working properly it starts playing the last song played.
To clarify further,the OPUS#1 has been reported by reviewers to get up to 4 weeks battery life in deep sleep, so really it's pointless to turn it off entirely. It's not like a phone that has a bunch of background processes. There is nothing really processing if you're not playing music.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #3,132 of 4,190
I honestly prefer idsd sound signature. I would need more time but I thought it was a slight improvement over opus 1. I had very very minor hiss that can only be heard in silent passages and you have to try to hear it on opus 1 and was gone in micro.
I tried out 3D switch and xbass they seem like neat additions, try them out. Its supposed to add extra staging and bass. See if you like them.

But even if I dont use idsd I still think opus 1 sounds great on its own.

Any further impressions with the andromeda and opus1 combo?

Andro may be next purchase.

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #3,133 of 4,190
Any further impressions with the andromeda and opus1 combo?

Andro may be next purchase.
I think it sounds fantastic with Opus #1. I think Opus #1 presents a grande dish of Bass, Treble, Vocals all in one package with Andromeda.

Be aware that the Andromeda can get much louder than you are used to with your regular IEMs. I highly recommend you reduce volume before you plug them in!

Also there is no hissing that I'm aware of when listening to Opus #1. I have tried Opera, and classical and quiet ambient, even in silent passages.

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #3,134 of 4,190
I am debating to purchase an OPUS#1 as my next DAP. I currently have a FiiO X3 Gen 1.. really old and low-end, I know. It has served its purpose well, however its battery life is now pretty abysmal. Anything I should know moving to the OPUS#1? Also, I am curious if the 2.0 firmware taken from the OPUS#2 alleviates the genre categorization to show only songs in that genre and not a genre -> album -> track sub-categorization, which would be really nice, but not totally necessary.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #3,135 of 4,190
I am debating to purchase an OPUS#1 as my next DAP. I currently have a FiiO X3 Gen 1.. really old and low-end, I know. It has served its purpose well, however its battery life is now pretty abysmal. Anything I should know moving to the OPUS#1?

I'ved tried the X3 a long time ago and if you're jumping to the #1 - it would be a very welcoming upgrade! Battery life is awesome - can play for 9+ hours with different formats. The interface would be a welcome upgrade too. Buttons are layed out nicely. SQ wise, a departure from the warm FiiO house sound to a more neutral tonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back