thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Aug 24, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #3,107 of 4,190
Not only that! I just bought a mini optical toslink to toslink cable for opus 1 to idsd black label!

???
Or did you mean mini toslink to mini toslink? Or, do you also have a Mojo :.)

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #3,108 of 4,190
Waiting for my iDSD Black Micro.
But Andromedas just blew the rooftop off the Opera Theatre. Quick testing some songs!

Some great (synergy) combination, right?:ksc75smile:

Atm I'm on an island (where I grew up) holiday. I only took the Opus #1 and Andros with me.
20170824_111638.jpg
To be honest I don't miss any of my other stuff at all these days...it's just that good!

Curious if the iDSD Black Micro will add that much, sq wise :thinking:

Aug 24, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #3,109 of 4,190
I just bought a Opus 1 and I have a major problem. I power off the dap at night and when I power it on in the morning it scans the entire library of over 11900 songs before it will resume playing the last song I was listening to when it was powered off. This takes a very long time and for me the Opus 1 is useless. Is there a workaround or am I missing something?

Aug 24, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #3,110 of 4,190
Not only that! I just bought a mini optical toslink to toslink cable for opus 1 to idsd black label! I got a awesome backpack that has that traditional japanese business look and got tons of pockets that are useful for audio equipment (lol). Entire bag is water resistant when everything is sealed.

Cheers to some medieval tavern music.

My ifi is on the way, What does the ifi improve on over the opus1? besides power of course.

Aug 24, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #3,111 of 4,190
???
Or did you mean mini toslink to mini toslink? Or, do you also have a Mojo :.)
idsd black micro has an adapter for toslink to mini toslink.

I saw a very very short mini tos to mini tos cable but I plan to hook idsd micro from a secure pocket in my backpack on the go to my Opus 1 in hand.
Im willing to make some sacrifice with using provided adapter for some extra distance.

Aug 24, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #3,112 of 4,190
I just bought a Opus 1 and I have a major problem. I power off the dap at night and when I power it on in the morning it scans the entire library of over 11900 songs before it will resume playing the last song I was listening to when it was powered off. This takes a very long time and for me the Opus 1 is useless. Is there a workaround or am I missing something?

the work-around is to not turn it off and just put it to sleep. by default, Opus units always do a scan coming from a total shut down.

how come yours is resume playing? does it play the track? or does it just go back to your last played track?

Aug 24, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #3,113 of 4,190
My ifi is on the way, What does the ifi improve on over the opus1? besides power of course.
I honestly prefer idsd sound signature. I would need more time but I thought it was a slight improvement over opus 1. I had very very minor hiss that can only be heard in silent passages and you have to try to hear it on opus 1 and was gone in micro.
I tried out 3D switch and xbass they seem like neat additions, try them out. Its supposed to add extra staging and bass. See if you like them.

But even if I dont use idsd I still think opus 1 sounds great on its own.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #3,114 of 4,190
idsd black micro has an adapter for toslink to mini toslink.

I saw a very very short mini tos to mini tos cable but I plan to hook idsd micro from a secure pocket in my backpack on the go to my Opus 1 in hand.
Im willing to make some sacrifice with using provided adapter for some extra distance.
Ah, thank you for explaining :.)

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #3,115 of 4,190
Ah, thank you for explaining :.)

What you have to realize, the best way to use micro iDSD with Opus#1 is with optical toslink connection where #1 becomes a digital transport driving Micro's DAC/amp. That way, you are comparing a sound performance of #1 own DAC/amp vs Micro iDSD, where I find iFi to be superior but not exactly portable. So you have options, full portable setup with Opus#1 only or a transportable setup with Opus#1 as a digital transport driving micro iDSD. And the level of this "superiority" will vary depending on how you hear things and the headphones/earphones you use and their level of detail retrieval.

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #3,116 of 4,190
Well, I thought Opus#1 price can't go any lower, but I guess I was wrong. Amazon now has Opus#1 w/leather case for $319.99 (free Prime shipping).

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #3,117 of 4,190
What you have to realize, the best way to use micro iDSD with Opus#1 is with optical toslink connection where #1 becomes a digital transport driving Micro's DAC/amp. That way, you are comparing a sound performance of #1 own DAC/amp vs Micro iDSD, where I find iFi to be superior but not exactly portable. So you have options, full portable setup with Opus#1 only or a transportable setup with Opus#1 as a digital transport driving micro iDSD. And the level of this "superiority" will vary depending on how you hear things and the headphones/earphones you use and their level of detail retrieval.
Yeah I have dedicate a whole side pocket of my backpack for ifi :p
I can wire optical toslink from under pocket flap to my Opus #1. My andromedas are long enough to also go under the flaps.

I can control my opus in hand. I will have to twirl my backpack to make minor volume adjustments lol

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #3,118 of 4,190
Well, I thought Opus#1 price can't go any lower, but I guess I was wrong. Amazon now has Opus#1 w/leather case for $319.99 (free Prime shipping).

That's probably as good a deal as I got when I bought mine. I bought it, case & Fidue A83FB for $500. Honestly, I'd say it's a better deal. Great for those not a fan of Massdrop waits.

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #3,119 of 4,190
the work-around is to not turn it off and just put it to sleep. by default, Opus units always do a scan coming from a total shut down.

how come yours is resume playing? does it play the track? or does it just go back to your last played track?

I guess the battery won't last long if I never shut it off. There should be an option to rescan on not to rescan. This automatic rescan on power up is crazy, it takes 20 min to rescan 11900 songs. Must sleep be turned on or is this built in, you say it's a default but I see a sleep button with various time settings. When it's working properly it starts playing the last song played.

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #3,120 of 4,190
I guess the battery won't last long if I never shut it off. There should be an option to rescan on not to rescan. This automatic rescan on power up is crazy, it takes 20 min to rescan 11900 songs. Must sleep be turned on or is this built in, you say it's a default but I see a sleep button with various time settings. When it's working properly it starts playing the last song played.

Battery efficiency in sleep mode is quite commendable actually.

Also, just wanted to see how the ZMF Ori sounds straight from Opus #1. I know it deserves more juice, and I have an idsd micro bl coming for this purpose. Honestly this pairing is utterly lovely to my ears, and I have a pretty big grin going. Glad I found a used pair for a price I liked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back