thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Feb 2, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #62 of 4,190
  My Opus#1 review has been posted:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/the-bit-opus-1-digital-audio-player/reviews/15156

Thanks for review. I keep ending up with warm sounding players, seems like Opus mightbe a step in the right direction... though mostly I think you convinced me I should try zx2
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #63 of 4,190

Thanks for review. I keep ending up with warm sounding players, seems like Opus mightbe a step in the right direction... though mostly I think you convinced me I should try zx2
very_evil_smiley.gif

Happy that you like the review. 

Opus doesn't carry a lot of warmth, but neither cold. In this regard, it can be a good alternative. 

Zx2 is not a bad player, but it has some output power problems.. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #64 of 4,190
  After nearly two weeks of intermittent use of around one or two hour per day, my Opus finally come alive today. With the Shure 846 it is musical with good soundstage width and details (no eq added) comparing to being dim and lifeless at the start, it is the longest burn in I have experienced after having had the AK100, Onkyo DPX1, Ibasso DX80 and the biggest jump in sq from the start.

Very interested in the comparison between Opus1 & DX80, pairing with SE846.
I'm currently using DX80 with SE846 but the hiss is kind of bothering me.  Thinking about trying Opus1.

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #65 of 4,190
The Opus is one league above the DX80 in sound quality and UI application, if you use the balance output it is on par with the Onkyo DPX1 as far as my ears can tell, less spacious but a little fuller basing on the Shure 846. The DX80 is okay for what is a mid-fi dap but you are not getting the best out of the 846 with it. YMMV

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #68 of 4,190
I have one of these players making its way to me, can't wait to hear it.

I have reviewed the Lotoo Paw Gold and Paw 5000, both were great but a little laid back for my tastes.

I'm hoping this will sound a little flatter and perhaps more like the Oppo HA-2 when paired with my iPod Classic.

I'm hoping the Opus #1 will be the DAP to take over duties from my dating iPod Classic.

So far out of Fiio X3, Hidizs AP100 and Lotoo Paw5000 none have been good enough to replace my trusty iPod Classic.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #73 of 4,190
I would prefer Beat Audio Prima Donna 8(wire)
http://www.head-fi.org/products/beat-audio-prima-donna

The best quality of balanced cable I seen before, just is the price very expensive(HK$9500@Right Shop Audio@Hong Kong)
I would buy it possibly in April

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #75 of 4,190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back