thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jan 27, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #52 of 4,190

Here it is in my office for a test.. 

Nice! Guess the USB DAC function is still not implemented in their latest FW? Please let us know :wink:

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #54 of 4,190
I spent some listening hours on Opus and did some tests. Overall, I am quite impressed, there is a very good performance for its price. There is a slight tendency to bright tone, but it is never piercing. There is a balanced energy from the top till lower midrange which remains within its limits, and it doesn't become metallic. Separation, speed and resolution is very strong.  I did a quick A/B test with Mojo. Opus betters Mojo in terms of control, separation, resolution and transparency. Mojo sounds slightly thicker in accordance with mid-bass presentation, but Opus sounds clearer and cleaner. Opus can compete against much more expensive units. Impressive digital audio player from Korea.. 

However, the firmware needs to be improved..

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #55 of 4,190
How would you rate its musicality ?   does it pull you into the music ?    thanks
  I spent some listening hours on Opus and did some tests. Overall, I am quite impressed, there is a very good performance for its price. There is a slight tendency to bright tone, but it is never piercing. There is a balanced energy from the top till lower midrange which remains within its limits, and it doesn't become metallic. Separation, speed and resolution is very strong.  I did a quick A/B test with Mojo. Opus betters Mojo in terms of control, separation, resolution and transparency. Mojo sounds slightly thicker in accordance with mid-bass presentation, but Opus sounds clearer and cleaner. Opus can compete against much more expensive units. Impressive digital audio player from Korea.. 

However, the firmware needs to be improved..

How would you rate it on it s musicality ?  does it pull you into the music,  is it engaging ?    Thanks

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #57 of 4,190
  How would you rate its musicality ?   does it pull you into the music ?    thanks
How would you rate it on it s musicality ?  does it pull you into the music,  is it engaging ?    Thanks

It is not very much musical (considering signature), but not analytic either. Tonality seems balanced with a nice energy. It is engaging enough. The stage is not located too far away from listener. 

Did anyone tried balanced output. Just get my balanced cable for iems and it doesn't fit. It seems the plug is too long. There's 2 mm gap between plug and dap.

Sorry to see that. Hope you can fix it soon. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #59 of 4,190
After nearly two weeks of intermittent use of around one or two hour per day, my Opus finally come alive today. With the Shure 846 it is musical with good soundstage width and details (no eq added) comparing to being dim and lifeless at the start, it is the longest burn in I have experienced after having had the AK100, Onkyo DPX1, Ibasso DX80 and the biggest jump in sq from the start.

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #60 of 4,190
Mine has been shipped today, I'm very curious.
Someone has tested the balanced output with IEM?
I don't know if i have to buy a TRRS cable for my Heir Audio IEM 8 or use SE output

Users who are viewing this thread

Back