thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 7, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #3,916 of 4,190
Opus are amazing. I sent back my opus 1 as the screen had stopped being responsive all the way to South Korea. They fixed it and sent it back by FedEx. FedEx delivered my parcel to the wrong place and failed to retrieve it. FedEx were awful, lying on the phone not contacting me etc. Opus are sending me a new dap. Great company

Dec 7, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #3,917 of 4,190
Opus are amazing. I sent back my opus 1 as the screen had stopped being responsive all the way to South Korea. They fixed it and sent it back by FedEx. FedEx delivered my parcel to the wrong place and failed to retrieve it. FedEx were awful, lying on the phone not contacting me etc. Opus are sending me a new dap. Great company

Now thats top customer service. Whereas for Fedex, nothing unusual. Same with UPS and DHL. The only ones that have not failed me so far are Japan Post. Their EMS is just reliable.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #3,918 of 4,190
Opus - awesome
FedEx had left me FedUp

Dec 8, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #3,920 of 4,190
anyone any thoughts on this ? Just about to pull the trigger but I’m torn as to which one to go for as they are at the same price

Well, I have owned the Metal Premium for almost a year and have absolutely no regrets. Given that the prices are the same: you'll get an upgraded case with the metal version-which feels quite premium. I also believe that the M.P. version has some upgraded components in the signal path-although not sure which ones. I have enjoyed the sound of the player quite a lot, listening about an hour per day to classical, chamber, jazz and pop music.

Dec 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #3,921 of 4,190
Well, I have owned the Metal Premium for almost a year and have absolutely no regrets. Given that the prices are the same: you'll get an upgraded case with the metal version-which feels quite premium. I also believe that the M.P. version has some upgraded components in the signal path-although not sure which ones. I have enjoyed the sound of the player quite a lot, listening about an hour per day to classical, chamber, jazz and pop music.

Thank you for the response

I have pulled the trigger on the metal version with a free case. Hopefully it is ok.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #3,923 of 4,190
I have opus #1metal and live the sound wth IEMs. No amp nec for most lie imledence IEMs. S version supposed to have more power for headphones that require it

Headphone wise I don’t believe I have anything that is hard to drive ( not like the amazing expensive stuff I see mentioned on the forum ) only some cheaper Sennheiser cans so I don’t think I need the smidge of extra power.

I like the simplicity and fluidity of the UI, the lack of Android “bloat” and don’t stream from online services

Was just curious between the metal version and the 1S

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #3,929 of 4,190
People do go on it regularly but it's not as popular as fiio or ibasso threads. Rest assured though opus 1 is a very good dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back