thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
May 4, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #362 of 4,190
This has been an interesting read, currently reading back from last to first posts.

I had a chance recently try the Opus but it was quite brief and my impressions are all too shallow to really share.

I did enjoy it. I tried both single and balanced out using Campfire Audio IEMs.

The case is quite beautiful also.

May 4, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #363 of 4,190
This has been an interesting read, currently reading back from last to first posts.

I had a chance recently try the Opus but it was quite brief and my impressions are all too shallow to really share.

I did enjoy it. I tried both single and balanced out using Campfire Audio IEMs.

The case is quite beautiful also.

I assume, it pairs up good with Andromeda?  Though, if I remember correctly, Andromeda only comes with SE cable, not balanced, right?  I guess will have to confirm that tomorrow
wink.gif

May 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #364 of 4,190
Ah, I cant really say as I only listened for a short time.
I used the balanced cable from the Campfire Audio Jupiter on the CFA Andromeda for balanced test.

May 7, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #366 of 4,190
Wow I thought as an android player it would have done gapless natively!  That strikes it off the list for me.

Thanks

May 7, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #369 of 4,190
Exactly, no problems with gapless playback here either.  Nothing needs to be enabled, it works by default.

Regarding hissing, that's a nature of your particular sensitive headphones, especially from balanced output where output power is higher, thus attenuator helps in your case (which probably also affects output impedance) :wink:

May 8, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #372 of 4,190
My apologies, it runs gapless when you swipe or press next on the screen when a song is playing, however using the next buttons on the right side of the DAP to skip tracks etc results in a pretty noticeable lag time between songs.

I've actually noticed significant hiss on the Ei.XX which twister6 owns too, maybe I'm sentivive to it but perhaps you could tell me if you hear it too.

May 8, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #373 of 4,190
My apologies, it runs gapless when you swipe or press next on the screen when a song is playing, however using the next buttons on the right side of the DAP to skip tracks etc results in a pretty noticeable lag time between songs.

I think You are missing the point of gapless playback. It works well when You listen to whole albums with without skipping the tracks.

May 10, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #375 of 4,190
Nathan aka @shigzeo aka Ohm Image bought the Opus#1 to review, his review is now online on Headfonia but he'll of course be more than happy to answer any questions here or on our site

http://www.headfonia.com/review-bit-audio-opus1-mouth-korea/

(Met up with Jude in Munich last week and I'm glad to say we can now talk about our reviews again on Head-Fi, of course we'll be taking part in the discussion here. It's all about the community
smile.gif
)

I haven't had the possibility to listen to the Opus#1 myself yet as I'm still working on the L3 review, then the AM5 on the X7 and then the new Cayin i5 (superb!!) and Hifiman's Super Mini (which sounds great with the Edition S btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back