The Zune HD has failed to impress most. Who should be competing against Apple and how?
Sep 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #62 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish! I'm waiting for a 64GB Zune HD to come out, as well as some improvements to the browser and hopefully an application store. My Zune 80's full too, it would definitely be cool if Microsoft made a HDD-based Zune HD for those of us who are capacity freaks.

Not gonna happen. HDDs and capacitive touch-screens are not compatible.

Not to mention the fact that the bottom has fallen out of the HDD based PMP market.

Flash storage will be up to 128/256 soon, have patience...

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #63 of 101
Consumer negativism taken to the max.

Everything can be improved, there is no such a thing as a flawless device. Both the iPhone and the Zune are devices trying to emulate various other practical devices into a very small form (cellular, audio-video player, computer, radio, book). They both have a very "mass market" pricepoint.

I'd still rather use quarters in public phones, a PC whenever available (emails, google map, work...), a newspaper, a Sansa Clip while I go jogging, a book and an xbox, but the idea of having a single device that can satisfy a handful of my "daily needs", or a device on which I can, to a certain extent, do most of these activities and therefore, fulfill some of my needs is still great by itself.

But I'm not quite ready for the whole "portable media integration revolution" yet.

Still, contrary to some,

I do sleep at night.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #66 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger.McMurphy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do sleep at night.

I sometimes sleep at day during those long drives to various Rockabilly events around the Country!

sleep.jpg

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #67 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrariman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate how this guy is all like "Oh noes it's so simplistic" when he doesn't say why.

It lacks features.

Anyway, I started a chat room at http://www.tinychat.com/headfi for anybody who wants to discuss it with me there instead of giving the mods more headaches. I'll even say it to you instead of just typing it because my fingers are tired from typing to Stranger.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #68 of 101
Quote:

I hate how this guy is all like "Oh noes it's so simplistic" when he doesn't say why.

A while before that he said it was too gimmicky and crammed with useless features like artisit bios and related artist links.

Don't look for reason in it. There is no there there.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #69 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It lacks features.

Anyway, I started a chat room at Tinychat for anybody who wants to discuss it with me there instead of giving the mods more headaches.

You just proved my point, thank you for that detailed summary of your thoughts.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #71 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It lacks features.

Anyway, I started a chat room at Tinychat for anybody who wants to discuss it with me there instead of giving the mods more headaches. I'll even say it to you instead of just typing it because my fingers are tired from typing to Stranger.

Disaster awaits!

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #72 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Extropian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A while before that he said it was too gimmicky and crammed with useless features like artisit bios and related artist links.

Don't look for reason in it. There is no there there.

Yes, it's full of ways to just try and sell you more music, really. Nothing really useful as far as playback, etc.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #73 of 101
Quote:

What could you possibly want? Recording of your smug voice making bookmarks on a song?

I've stated what else I would want but it got deleted. MSC support, more video and audio codecs, more playback features, a voice recorder, side loading of apps, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back