1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

The Zune HD has failed to impress most. Who should be competing against Apple and how?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neoufo51, Sep 25, 2009.
2 3 4 5 6 7
Next
 
Last
  1. neoufo51
    I think the Creative Zii Egg is going in the direction PMP's should be going. The Zune HD is a terrible player with basic features that really can't even compete against the iPod Touch, which should have been an easy task for a company with the most popular OS in the world. Then again, Microsoft's Zune Pass was more important than besting Apple. Apple really isn't that hard to steal market share from considering how crippled its Touch is.

    I think what will finally steal a chunk of marketshare from Apple is a smaller company with no music services that can make a device with incredible hardware and can put an open-source OS within. The Zii Egg is going there but considering Android is more for phones, can it be used well in a PMP? Should somebody be developing a media-based fork of Android in order to have a viable option for the next high-powered open source PMP by Samsung/Cowon/Creative?
     
  2. penartur
    Now you're trying to argue with moderators and administrators?
     
  3. azncookiecutter
    Oh, boy. This is not going to end well.
     
  4. neoufo51
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by penartur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Now you're trying to argue with moderators and administrators?



    What? Nobody from head-fi has even contacted me. This discussion is a better one to have anyway since the Zune HD is pretty irrelevant.
     
  5. bcpk
    You may have many valid points to make, but your belligerent attitude is getting in the way of them.
     
  6. neoufo51
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    You may have many valid points to make, but your belligerent attitude is getting in the way of them.



    What attitude? I don't like the Zune HD and I'm explaining why and what needs to be done instead. That's not attitude, that's an opinion.
     
  7. naddy
    dude, you got your point across in the other thread, just give it a rest!
     
  8. neoufo51
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by naddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    dude, you got your point across in the other thread, just give it a rest!



    I don't even know what happened to my older thread since nobody contacted me as to its apparent removal. Now I'm starting a new discussion with a more interesting topic. If you want to argue with me, leave the thread. If you want to discuss, lets.
     
  9. penartur
    Quote:

    Nobody from head-fi has even contacted me.



    And you haven't noticed that the entire thread with your comments about zune hd was closed and removed?
     
  10. penartur
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    What attitude? I don't like the Zune HD and I'm explaining why and what needs to be done instead. That's not attitude, that's an opinion.



    Explain it to MS, not to head-fi.
     
  11. neoufo51
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by penartur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    And you haven't noticed that the entire thread with your comments about zune hd was closed and removed?



    I noticed it was wiped out without a trace but it doesn't matter now. Stay away from this thread if you intend to try to get this one closed too with your endless bickering.
     
  12. lamewing
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    What? Nobody from head-fi has even contacted me. This discussion is a better one to have anyway since the Zune HD is pretty irrelevant.



    So the closing of the thread and the removal of all the post counts from your name did not give you a clue. Oh my lord!!! Oh, and the feigning ignorance ploy will not cut it with the moderators. /shakeshead

    Anyone else going to keep watch to see this train wreck play out?
     
  13. komi
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I think the Creative Zii Egg is going in the direction PMP's should be going. The Zune HD is a terrible player with basic features that really can't even compete against the iPod Touch, which should have been an easy task for a company with the most popular OS in the world. Then again, Microsoft's Zune Pass was more important than besting Apple. Apple really isn't that hard to steal market share from considering how crippled its Touch is.

    I think what will finally steal a chunk of marketshare from Apple is a smaller company with no music services that can make a device with incredible hardware and can put an open-source OS within. The Zii Egg is going there but considering Android is more for phones, can it be used well in a PMP? Should somebody be developing a media-based fork of Android in order to have a viable option for the next high-powered open source PMP by Samsung/Cowon/Creative?




    Is not going to happen !

    Apple machine have a big chunk of market - and iTunes is monster!
    You cant beat this - well you can but you need a years and lot of money even if you make a great DAP !
    And this is the PROBLEM !

    Every new DAP come out with question [...a New iPod Killer] !

    Even if you come out with better DAP - Apple have money to make even better !
    But again, i just read some post recently on this forum - something like "Can you hear diference in MP3 and FLAC" and i think most of guys vote - THEY CANT !
    HUGE majority of iPod and iPhone customers dont care about sound quality and diference - iPods and iPhones have something no one have - iTunes and APP store ... Apple sales will go up and down - but gonna stay on the to pfor good ..

    Zii Egg looks like nice hardware, but - cant do any damage to Apple ... Not even to Zune ...

    End of story ...


    .
     
  14. Extropian
    ROFLMAOWAFFLES w/ syrup

    This is just comical now. Your thread got BANT because nobody wanted to hear it, so you just start up an identical one?

    Take the hint. Cease thine douchosity. Reclaim what shreds of dignity you have left.

    Also, you want to know something that is genuinely ironic? When a guy starts a thread trashing the HD in the title and first paragraph, then posts "This discussion is a better one to have anyway since the Zune HD is pretty irrelevant."

    This thread smells like troll poo.
     
  15. neoufo51
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    HUGE majority of iPod and iPhone customers dont care about sound quality and diference - iPods and iPhones have something no one have - iTunes and APP store ... Apple sales will go up and down - but gonna stay on the to pfor good ..
    .




    Yeah I don't expect Apple to be completely taken down because most people aren't really savvy enough to recognize quality but you can certainly take a huge chunk of marketshare away, especially Apple's customers on Head-Fi.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lamewing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    So the closing of the thread and the removal of all the post counts from your name did not give you a clue. Oh my lord!!! Oh, and the feigning ignorance ploy will not cut it with the moderators. /shakeshead

    Anyone else going to keep watch to see this train wreck play out?




    Can you not troll my thread?
     
2 3 4 5 6 7
Next
 
Last

Share This Page