The Zune: A review.
Jun 10, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #286 of 294
shuffle needed to be improved, take it from someone that uses it daily.. they also sped up the image viewing and I have not had a reboot since this update, wondering if they did fix that or at least tried something..

I think they have done well with the updates..

Jun 11, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #287 of 294
Just to let everyone know,I just got a black zune, i am currently trying to install the software, but i think its frozen. However, just holding the zune in my hand feels right. Once again, thank you all for your help.

Jun 11, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #289 of 294
Quote:

Just to let everyone know,I just got a black zune, i am currently trying to install the software, but i think its frozen.

Josh, this happened to me as well when I first got it. It happened during the update didn't it? Anyway, not surprisingly, it still happens to me a lot when there are new updates. What I do is, I leave it on for a couple of hours, and when I feel that the thing won't recover anymore, I just kill it using Task Manager. When I check my Zune, however, I find that it updated perfectly. The fault, I think, is entirely in the PC software. Sucks, I know, but it works, nonetheless.

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #290 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a warranty on the zune. Best buy has a warranty that is awsome! And if it fails in 2 years, by then the new one will be out and you can replace it with that!

Or, just use an American Express (some Visa Platinums also) and get double warranty for free

---

I am going to try to return my Zune to BB sometime this week; I'm disappointed in it overall. The shoddy navigation pad somehow scratched in two days of use, so I might have a little trouble
rolleyes.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #291 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xhristmas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Josh, this happened to me as well when I first got it. It happened during the update didn't it? Anyway, not surprisingly, it still happens to me a lot when there are new updates. What I do is, I leave it on for a couple of hours, and when I feel that the thing won't recover anymore, I just kill it using Task Manager. When I check my Zune, however, I find that it updated perfectly. The fault, I think, is entirely in the PC software. Sucks, I know, but it works, nonetheless.

it not only freeze, but give me errors like "sync options can be changed at the moment" and "an error has occured while attempting to sync."

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #292 of 294
For syncing errors, try these:
1) Connect the Zune to a USB port at the back of your PC, not the front
2) Connect it directly to the PC, and not through a USB Hub
3) Try reinstalling the Zune software if this happens too often
4) Download a more current release of the Zune software from Microsoft's website
5) If you do opt for option #4, then try Microsoft's tips (also on their website) for a clean uninstall of your original Zune software first

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #293 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a way to take videos from my zune and put them on my computer?

On the left side select the video content on your Zune. You must be on the video pane. (2nd icon on left top).

Select the sync pane on the right of the Zune software. (the shape with arrown in circle)

Drag and drop your videos from the left pane to the right pane. click the sync button to transfer the videos or any content from the Zune back to your computer or any computer with the Zune software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back