The Zune: A review.
Jun 7, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #272 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossy836 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Josh, well it's been announced Zune won't arrive in Europe for 2007, which generally implies that the 2.0 won't be released until the back end of the year in America (apparently Microsoft are planning some 'exciting' stuff for Christmas). Your best bet is either going for the Zune, like i have (was in exactly the same position as you) or wait to see if the new Iaudio X5 replacement comes out in summer.

Or...if you provide us some more details as to what you want, and are coming from, a new Ipod or other may be best.

Basically, I had a 20gb ipod that broke recently and I was not satisfied after have many problems with it. my sister also had a load of problems with hers which also had a messed up hardrive. Anyhow, I wany a 20-30gb mp3 with good battery life and durability(Video capability is also preferable). Oh yeah, I'm from New Jersey. Also I would be willing to wait for a new zune if it would come out over the summer,but otherwise I want something in the next couple of weeks.

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #273 of 294
I don't think it will be out in the summer. Probably closer to the end of the year...

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #274 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it will be out in the summer. Probably closer to the end of the year...

So basically if i want an mp3 player like I previously mentioned other than an ipod in the next couple of weeks, my best bet is a zune?

Additionally, is there anything different internally with the zune that would make the hard rive not fail after 3 years?

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #275 of 294
I'd go with the Zune personally. Just received mine yesterday and it's quickly replaced my Iaudio X5. It's easy to use and sounds fantastic. As for whether the hard-drive will fail, can't really tell you that, but thats probably an issue with all MP3 players.

Jun 9, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #276 of 294
Quote:

I'd go with the Zune personally. Just received mine yesterday and it's quickly replaced my Iaudio X5. It's easy to use and sounds fantastic. As for whether the hard-drive will fail, can't really tell you that, but thats probably an issue with all MP3 players.

I was just wondering if there might be something different about the zune to perhaps help the hard drive last longer because, it seems to be the norm with the ipod to die in 2-3yrs.

Jun 9, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #277 of 294
Get a warranty on the zune. Best buy has a warranty that is awsome! And if it fails in 2 years, by then the new one will be out and you can replace it with that!

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #278 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a warranty on the zune. Best buy has a warranty that is awsome! And if it fails in 2 years, by then the new one will be out and you can replace it with that!

These are probably my last questions for now:
has anyone experiencing the internal screen cracking that ive heard about?
Are there any possible new features for Zune 2.0 that would be worth waiting for other than more capacity and a bigger screen?(I would rather not wait for a couple of months to get a new mp3 player)
Also, I wanna thank everyone who has helped me thus far.

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #280 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The screen cracking was just a false rumor. I left mine on the charger for a while and it's fine.

Yep, its not true.

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #281 of 294
Josh there may possibly be games, and a more advanced implementation of Wi-Fi, but other than that, it'll probably be more evolution than a revolution.

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #282 of 294
Quote:

Josh there may possibly be games, and a more advanced implementation of Wi-Fi, but other than that, it'll probably be more evolution than a revolution.

Thanks for the info, now i just need to decide whether to get one now, or wait until the new one comes out. I don't think ill have the patience because since my ipod broke, i haven't been able to really sleep.

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #283 of 294
If you really want a good, portable player now (or at least in the near future), I'd honestly suggest you get the current Zune, instead of waiting for the 2.0.
Microsoft isn't showing any signs of putting it out any time soon, they're still focused on improving on the current model.
I actually wouldn't hope that the 2.0 will come before the holiday season.

Jun 10, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #284 of 294
I'm in agreeance with Xhristmas; the current Zune is a very good player, and microsoft seem like they wish to keep it supported which is always a good thing. I say go for it really, you won't be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back