The Zune: A review.
Jun 4, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #256 of 294
Thanks Ricardo, I didn't realize there were different settings for each device. Now, to sync or not resync, that is the question!

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #257 of 294
Can't wait for mine.... I'll do a comparison between my H120/LDM and the Zune when it gets here, I'm very curious

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #258 of 294
I'm curious if anyone will ever get it to work with OS X. I still love my iPods, and naturally being the apple nut that I am, i'd like to keep it that way. But the UI intrigues me. as well as some of its audio quality features. But i'll get shunned at work if i get one lol.

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #259 of 294
I should be getting mine tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #260 of 294
Ordered mine so it should be with me by the end of the week. The red looked nice, but i was swayed by the words 'limited edition' (damn my vulnerability to all things with those words despite not being very limited). Plus it comes with the premium headphones which i can give as a present on father's day.

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #261 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agphoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But i'll get shunned at work if i get one lol.

Lol, don't worry about the peer pressure!

Jun 6, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #263 of 294
Yeah its not bad. Unless of course you have all the auto stuff on....

Jun 6, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #264 of 294
I left all of that stuff on, I actually like it because I don't have to manually go look for the song, it's already there when I pull the software up.

Also, how do I know when my Zune battery is done charging? Yesterday when I was charging it the three little white dots where showing up, but the batter iocn looked like it was full, is the icon supposed to stop the little dot animation when it's done charging or is it done when the battery gage is full? And is it possible to overcharge the battery? I'm putting a video on it that is taking forever to convert, and the battery is full.

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #265 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I left all of that stuff on, I actually like it because I don't have to manually go look for the song, it's already there when I pull the software up.

Also, how do I know when my Zune battery is done charging? Yesterday when I was charging it the three little white dots where showing up, but the batter iocn looked like it was full, is the icon supposed to stop the little dot animation when it's done charging or is it done when the battery gage is full? And is it possible to overcharge the battery? I'm putting a video on it that is taking forever to convert, and the battery is full.

The bar representing the battery will turn green when it is fully charged

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #266 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does leaving it permanently connected to USB/charger affect battery life?

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #267 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, but when the battery is full does it stop charging automatically?

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #269 of 294
Im new here, and this may be a stupid question, but is there any definitive answer as to when the new zune is going to come out, because i need a new mp3 player and am really impatient.

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #270 of 294
Hey Josh, well it's been announced Zune won't arrive in Europe for 2007, which generally implies that the 2.0 won't be released until the back end of the year in America (apparently Microsoft are planning some 'exciting' stuff for Christmas). Your best bet is either going for the Zune, like i have (was in exactly the same position as you) or wait to see if the new Iaudio X5 replacement comes out in summer.

Or...if you provide us some more details as to what you want, and are coming from, a new Ipod or other may be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back