The ZO2 Has Landed.
Oct 26, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #211 of 607

Quote:
really tempted to preorder one already.  will wait on feedback and comparison to the fiio e11 though

I own the ZO v.1 and E11.  With all my iem's, the ZO is absolutely fantastic but when I'm using my MarkL modded D2000, The E11 sounds much better.  If you're an iem guy, you can't go wrong with the ZO.

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #212 of 607
I'm in the same ZO boat as you :)  He was the reason I ended up with the Clip+ and the J3. These are products I would not of bought, thing about the ZO is, sounded great on paper but the fact sharper image where selling it, never gave me a cozy feeling that it actually worked, since SI always seem to sell cheaply made products that never last.

That said I am sure digiZoid will do very well from the release of this product and I wish them the best. I am sure it's been a lot of work and investment to get it to this point. Hopefully that's about to pay off.
Quote:
I accept that, but what pushed me over to the 'dark side' was the anythingbutipod review. Abi is hyper-critical of most of what comes down the pike (Clip and Clip+ being about the only exceptions), and he is a self-confessed 'rabid fanboy' of the V1. I actually seek out reviews from folk who have a track record of 'putting the boot in' to manufacturers, even at the risk of no longer receiving review samples, and some of Abi's DAP reviews are scathing - when he ends a review like this, I sit up and take notice:

The ZO does what most other portable amps aren’t able to do: it indeed makes the sound subjectively better. It has no detrimental effects on the source audio, and it is able to beef up any signal if one wishes so. This is more than can be said about much higher priced ‘audiophile’ amps that are hyped in certain circles. The ZO might not have a brushed steel chassis or overpriced boutique capacitors and opamps – but contrary to those products, it actually affects the perceived sound quality in a positive, audible way – besides the usual increase in loudness.

the ZO is the first one that adds a veritable wow factor to the sound. No, not the awful SRS WOW kind – a real WOW, coming from the guts, that makes me grin uncontrollably.

http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/06/digizoid-zo-portable-subwoofer-review/

If DigiZoid paid Abi for that review, they most definitely got their money's worth. Read his reviews of the Arrow 12HE and the Pico Slim for examples of his normal 'measured' style of reviewing portable kit.

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #213 of 607
Same 'ZO boat' ? Haw haw haw 
beyersmile.png

Its like I told mcrpogger - ZO hard or ZO home !

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #214 of 607
I just pre-ordered mine a few mins ago. I haven't tried the Zo-2 but with everyone saying how nice the first one was, might as well check to see what the hype is. I hope it's as good as they said.

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #216 of 607

Quote:
Does anyone know anything about when these will ship? I'm really annoyed because I haven't gotten an email from Digizoid...

Relax - you can spend the time researching what happened to the hundreds of dollars laid down for Singlepower amps before the man behind the name split for parts unknown ....
eek.gif

You have PayPal receipt, and I think we have 28 days to lodge a complaint in the event that we never get anything beyond a postcard from MizMoxie on a beach somewhere in Mexico. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #218 of 607
Yup - some of you lucky Yankees will have the V2 early next week. Hell, there are probably truckloads of the things roaring up and down Interstate 95 as I type this ..... :crybaby:

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #220 of 607

From Digizoid facebook page:
Ok everyone, I have good news and bad news.
The bad news is that while we were hoping to avoid any delays, due to circumstances beyond our control the material for the soft touch coating will not be received in time to process this week. However, it will arrive at the beginning of next week, thus extending the ship date from this week to next week. We apologize for the small delay! I can say though  that the coating is worth the wait because it will make the ZO2 more scratch-resistant and easier to handle. I'm really sorry you guys, but we want to make sure that each and every ZO2 is worth every penny of your hard-earned money.
The good news is that the first production run of boards is officially a complete success! No imperfections and no errors!
We appreciate your continued patience!

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #221 of 607

Quote:
Does anyone know anything about when these will ship? I'm really annoyed because I haven't gotten an email from Digizoid...

Hahaha

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #222 of 607
The delay is unfortunate but it's good to hear that the production of the boards went off without issue. I like the idea of a softer material. I'd like to find a way to strap this to my Zune HD (though it's unlikely since the Zune has a large touch screen with little room for a strap) and the ZO2 being soft would go far in keeping everything scratch-free.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #223 of 607
Yeap no worries about the delay here..
As long as it is scratch free i think it worth the waiting.
I just think of all these guys who preordered Headstage Arrow HE 4G many many months ago and are still struggling to get a response about the status of the production..
I consider myself a lucky guy if i get my hands on the Zo buy the middle of October...

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #225 of 607
+1
Doesn't matter for me, not like I can really test them out much over exams. 
frown.gif

Doesn't stop me checking Head-Fi though XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back