The ZO2 Has Landed.
Oct 24, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #167 of 607
Not yet...
Still waiting...

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #170 of 607
I rang the DigiZoid offices - a Brazilian answered the phone and, my Portuguese being what it is, it seems that they are either operating out of a shipping container in Belize or 'someone has a chicken in the microwave'. Beats me. 
eek.gif

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #171 of 607
A little more info:

Quote: My email to Digizoid
Hey Guys, Thanks for letting me know! I've already put in my order. Can you give me an estimate as to how long before shipping starts on these items?

Thanks again.

Quote: From Digizoid
Hello Aaron,  
The digiZoid team would like to thank you for your pre-order.

Our engineers are heading to California on Oct. 24 for production. And unless something crazy happens, we should be releasing the first shipment at weeks end.

I will be following up on shipping information.

Hope you enjoy your new listening experience.

Best regards,

Cindy
digiZoid customer service

So end of the week should be first shipment. I'd say mid to late next week we should all start receiving them. YAY!
beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #172 of 607
I hope they don't take a month to ship to AU...

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #174 of 607
The only thing the ZO changed was everything. The ZO2 will change everything else. I own 2 ZO 1, in general I use one in my car and the other portable. In my can I have a Numark DJ, 40 second delay CD transport for a source. It gives me a triple beam laser pickup which will deliver the quality I demand from a CD transport. It will not skip while driving. I have 2 Headroom micro amps, one for my right ear and one for my left ear. I have a hearing imbalance but I now will only listen to portable mono block because the quality is ultra clean. I use a Micro dac with a Black Cat digital cable and for cans I use my JH 13 with Null Audio Crystal Picciclo cables. I have custom made stereo to mono and mono to stereo cables so I can control my volume independently. I have a pure sine wave inverter. This is no wimpy setup. Without the ZO it does sound unacceptably thin. Hearing is very esoteric so when I take out the zo the sound will be acceptable after a period of time but all ways sounds weak and thin. I never thought of it as weak and thin but after I became ZO a fied I can not turn back. I bought 2 ZO2 and I know that I will not be disappointed. I also have a dual Xin SM4 setup, a dual SR71a setup, a dual iQube setup, a dual Xin Reference setup, a dual TTVJ portable tube setup which I am very interested in hearing with ZO2. Then I am most interested in comparing dual ZO2 alone to the other rigs. Dual mono block ZO2 for $200. Now that is a game changer. If you have not experienced portable mono block do not pass judgment. Everyone who has heard what I have done, just can not believe it. One other thing, I tweak Cd's 7 ways before putting them on a Imod in WAV format. There are only a few people on the face of the planet that have experienced this elevation of sound reproduction. It is like meditating. The chakras just start spinning the second the sound hits the ear and goes to the soul. Good Day.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #175 of 607
my god...

Quote:
The only thing the ZO changed was everything. The ZO2 will change everything else. I own 2 ZO 1, in general I use one in my car and the other portable. In my can I have a Numark DJ, 40 second delay CD transport for a source. It gives me a triple beam laser pickup which will deliver the quality I demand from a CD transport. It will not skip while driving. I have 2 Headroom micro amps, one for my right ear and one for my left ear. I have a hearing imbalance but I now will only listen to portable mono block because the quality is ultra clean. I use a Micro dac with a Black Cat digital cable and for cans I use my JH 13 with Null Audio Crystal Picciclo cables. I have custom made stereo to mono and mono to stereo cables so I can control my volume independently. I have a pure sine wave inverter. This is no wimpy setup. Without the ZO it does sound unacceptably thin. Hearing is very esoteric so when I take out the zo the sound will be acceptable after a period of time but all ways sounds weak and thin. I never thought of it as weak and thin but after I became ZO a fied I can not turn back. I bought 2 ZO2 and I know that I will not be disappointed. I also have a dual Xin SM4 setup, a dual SR71a setup, a dual iQube setup, a dual Xin Reference setup, a dual TTVJ portable tube setup which I am very interested in hearing with ZO2. Then I am most interested in comparing dual ZO2 alone to the other rigs. Dual mono block ZO2 for $200. Now that is a game changer. If you have not experienced portable mono block do not pass judgment. Everyone who has heard what I have done, just can not believe it. One other thing, I tweak Cd's 7 ways before putting them on a Imod in WAV format. There are only a few people on the face of the planet that have experienced this elevation of sound reproduction. It is like meditating. The chakras just start spinning the second the sound hits the ear and goes to the soul. Good Day.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #176 of 607
Just Audio planned to offer their flagship AHA-120 full Class-A in 'dual-mono' configuration, but I haven't heard anything on this since the initial rumblings. I think I 'get' the dual mono concept with speakers - just not sure how it works with headphones. 

SatelliteGuy, is it possible for you to post a photo of one of your dual-mono setups, pls ?

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #178 of 607
It is very simple. I am only using one side of each stereo amp. One amp is ring the other amp is tip. Since there is no signal going thru the other side there is no competing noise in the case. The cable is simple. A stereo male to 2 mono right and left, ring and tip. then coming out of the amps you go mono ring and tip mini to stereo female mini. If you go to stereo male mini you could plug it straight into the ZO without a patch. I had a few cable sets made up by Ken at ALO and they were a bit costly. I think he charged me about $300 a pair. The last time I asked him to do some custom work he said he no longer had any interest in custom work so I am looking for a new cable maker. I am sure there are some headfiers that could make them for way less than half. I got a pair that is 4 inches and a couple that are 7 inches because the TTVJ hybrid has one jack on top and the other on the bottom. This whole setup was a necessary for me because I had a ear drum replacement and my right rear is 22% off my left and this was real bothersome. Now that I have become use to this when I go to a single amp not only do I have a balance problem but I hear the degradation. My RSA 71b has a separate right and left volume and this is the only amp that competes with my portable mono block. I take no credit for 71b amp controls but 3 -4 years ago I called Ray to see if he could help me with my problem but he is a busy man and would not give me the time of day. The 71b is a monster and in balanced mode it has many aspects of mono block portable but it is not as attractive balanced as it is unbalanced with the ZO. It is my belief at this time that most amps and IEM are over manufactured. What I mean is they are designed to work without a ZO. They are engineered to run off a signal that is not appropriate for maximum reproduction of music. The ZO is a signal equalizer that changes the playing field. This devise can take a very inexpensive IEM and make it compete with one worth 10 times. The same is true with amps. The amps are designed to use a signal that needs alot of engineering to make it sound great. the zo makes the signal drive the cans better. We will probably see amp manufactures incorporating ZO technology into their designs. Hence ZO licensing. That is why I said the only thing the ZO changed is everything. The only thing the ZO2 changed is everything else.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #180 of 607
I'm still reserving my judgment on the ZO until I hear it with my own ears. Its been fun to play along with the hype/buildup, but you really only know what a new toy brings to the table after you've lived with it for a few months. I dont think Digizoid have done themselves any favours with the mp4 demo on their website - if anything, it has given their detractors ammunition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back