The ZO2 Has Landed.
Oct 22, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #136 of 607

Quote:
The thing is I don't really want to wait till other people get it and then crave for the ZO even longer ;D I am considering to per-order one in the next few hours of I get convinced it is worth it :)

Oh, it's worth it.  I have v1 and with v2 you get digital volume control and a smaller difference between flat and step 1, that's a huge improvement.  It will be well spent head-fi money.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #137 of 607
I am really starting to have issues with Head-Fi 
blink.gif
 it is starting to rule most of my free time and a fair share of my spare money 
ph34r.gif
 well let's just hope the money will be well spent :wink: and I hope it is going to be something astonishing. Cause now it is like only the 2nd time I am listening to my Pro900's over my new FiiO E11 and for some reason I find the bass more pleasing than on the E11. And am really starting to question do I really need/want more bass 
basshead.gif
 decisions decisions...

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #138 of 607

Quote:
I am really starting to have issues with Head-Fi 
blink.gif
.....<snip>.... And am really starting to question do I really need/want more bass 
basshead.gif
 decisions decisions...

Of course you do. If you don't buy, you will always be thinking about what you may have missed. You know... reading reviews, imagining how it could have improved things. Buy and then think
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #139 of 607
Thanks you are helping a lot... 
biggrin.gif
 I think I am pulling the trigger and will do the explaining to my girlfriend when another mysterious box turns up in the post 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Of course you do. If you don't buy, you will always be thinking about what you may have missed. You know... reading reviews, imagining how it could have improved things. Buy and then think
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #141 of 607
Oct 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #142 of 607

Quote:

Ok, I really don't want to be the "term police", but I just want to make sure we are all on the same page with this. ZO has no digital processing (DSP) whatsoever. Period. End of story. It is entirely analog from start to finish. May as well call it ASP (Analog Signal Processing).

:) 

Understood, but my post was in response to McProggers post re the 'ZO V3' having a DAC. I know its analog - unlike many here, I have a dedicated lineout from my DAP (yes, a real lineout, separate to the headphone out) and I cant wait to hear the difference. The T51 already blows my tiny mind - all up cost with the ZO V2 would still be less than we pay for the iPod Classic or 16GB Touch here in Oz ....

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #143 of 607
I've only seen one E11 vs ZO comparision so far and this guy easily preferred ZO. Ofc no1 of us have heard ZO2 yet though, who knows it could be sounding worse than v1! :xf_eek: *nightmarish thoughts* Whatever will be the case between v1 and v2, I won't ever sell any of my ZO amps probably not even in future either, I'd rather collect them and put them up for display or something, too good to be sold, the satisfaction has been too great for me to concider selling them.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #144 of 607
Honestly, my girlfriend is probably going to send me to some mental institution after this to deal with my addiction... I have pulled the trigger... Oh well another thing to look forward to :)
I hate Head-Fi because of my wallet but I love it at the same time for helping me to find my audio bliss :)
Thanks everybody who has convinced me on getting the ZO 
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #145 of 607
Congrats on the preorder. I also have a set of Atrio M5s with the MG7 driver and a set of Pro 900s. The bass is great but there are some occasions where it just seems that more would be better (particularly for games and movies). I hope to get a preorder in before they sell out but I have to wait for a few checks to clear before I can put it on my debit card. :frowning2:

I've been torn between the FiiO E11 and the ZO2. I was very close to ordering the FiiO but now that the ZO2 is nearing its release, and the price seems very competitive, I don't think that I can pass it up. Hopefully the first batch comes out without any issues and hopefully there is one left for me to preorder. :wink:

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #146 of 607
I just pre-ordered the Zo2 as well.  My only other amps are a Fii0 E7 and an E9.  Just picked up some UE10s and I'm hoping the Zo will offer a bit more than the E7 in a smaller package.

For $100, it's a no-brainer.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #147 of 607
Yea well if it sounds at least as great as ZO v1 and with these new features/improvements, it seems like a killer product in the lower-budget portable amp market. ZO v2 might even compete quite well with 150~$200 offerings. What stopped ZO v1 from doing this would be possibly the output power which what kept v1 reasonably priced around $100 but v2 offers stronger output so. But on a satisfaction basis level, the ZO1 is like more like a $200 product for the sound quality it brings as I use easy-to drive headphones that wouldn't need amping really, I mean I had personally paid up to $200 if I would be forced to for ZO1 if I had been able to demo it first.

Why do I think this, well it's quite nicely written in my review but to summarize:

- Greatly enhanced dynamicness from the more forward sound it brings
- Extends soundstage "borders" (sounds that are meant to sound up-close still does so but background sounds that are meant to sound further apart can sound like coming further away with ZO, further apart from the "center" that is)
- Bass quality: brings more impact without adding bloat. It's like getting a sense of "punch" without hearing it, it tightens it up but makes it stronger at same time (especially very deep bass) 

Music becomes so much more engaging to listen to with ZO, it makes you wanna dance with the music and makes it sound more lively, even when kept at the first contour level (not the lowest but one notch above lowest, I think at the very lowest level it sounds like the ZO colorisation (SmartVector or whatever it was called) is completely turned off so). I would say it performs best on contour level 2 (2 notches up from the entry level) most of the time (ofc it's still quite headphone/IEM dependant and how much bass you're really looking for) but on the headphones I've tried I've started noticing more drastic change to soundstage and mids from contour lvl 3 and higher. At lvl 2 the soundstage is less "in-your-face" and mids sound with the headphones I've tried (just to rule out the frequency response balance difference) a little more analytical but this is very tiny bit we're talking about, you have to focus on it to hear the differences. Anyway I've kept it at lvl 2 for both Sony XB500 and Panasonic HTF600 and then added my own EQing to them, XB500 boost in mids and highs and HTF600 boost in the lower bass frequencies and very slight boost to the highs to get to the best result, it leads to the best result for me.

Oct 22, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #148 of 607
Pre-ordered mine, hope they don't cancel it owing to any issues.

Oct 22, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #149 of 607

Quote:
Honestly, my girlfriend is probably going to send me to some mental institution after this to deal with my addiction... I have pulled the trigger... Oh well another thing to look forward to :)
I hate Head-Fi because of my wallet but I love it at the same time for helping me to find my audio bliss :)
Thanks everybody who has convinced me on getting the ZO 
biggrin.gif

That's ok, you will have company.  I'm sure my wife is about to commit me also.  I think it's great to have all this wonderful gear.  She thinks I'm crazy.

Pre-ordered mine yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back