The ZO2 Has Landed.
Oct 22, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #121 of 607
It says $13.95 for me from US to Australia :xf_eek:. Even better!

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #124 of 607

Quote:

Thanks for the read. After doing some research, I'm hearing that the ZO wouldn't be recommended for more higher end headphones like the D2000, D5000, D1100? How does it compare to the Fiio E5?

And I stumbled across this (posted by an engineer at Digizoid)

"
 The ZO’s signal conditioning technology is entirely analog, not digital. So, there are no algorithms or computations taking place."Does anyone know why this would make a difference?​
 ​
 ​

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #125 of 607
I'm not really qualified to be telling you but apparently some people use it with Pro 900's on low mode as it 'improves' the overall sound, even just by a little. I'm quite curious about these myself so I've ordered a Zo 2 to try it out.

Someone else want to answer why analogue is better than digital processing?

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #126 of 607

Quote:
Someone else want to answer why analogue is better than digital processing?

Well not converting to digital will avoid the need of an expensive/high quality DAC simple as that, this is just an amp. By sticking with analog you'll have cleaner output (there's a whole science behind analog-digital converting so won't go into detail, I've had a little basic stuff in school about it) than converting from analog to digital to analog or whatever. Especially when boosting the bass this is a good thing why I think it handles such a big bass boost without distorting.

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #127 of 607

Quote:
 After doing some research, I'm hearing that the ZO wouldn't be recommended for more higher end headphones like the D2000, D5000, D1100? How does it compare to the Fiio E5?
 ​

The price tag of a pair of headphones doesn't tell anything about its synergy with the ZO. The ZO is a very good amp that won't make the sound 'worse'. As a rule of thumb, bass heavier phones won't benefit from it as much as ones that have less bass. The E5 is a nice little amp, although the new E6 is better in most aspects. Both can't match the ZO for its bass boost capability, though.

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #128 of 607
Looking for some very quick advice before all of the ZO v2 pre-order stock runs out :wink:
I own Atrio MG7 and the Ultrasone Pro900 which I use on my Cowon S9, FiiO E10 and E11. In various combinations.
I am really considering getting the ZO but I would probably be looking to replace my E11 (sell it) with it, cause can't really be putting to much money in this hobby of mine as there are other things going on in my life.
To get to the point: does anybody know how would the ZO and E11 compare? Is ZO powerful enough for me not to notice the difference in driving power on my headphones, IEM's? Is it even worth getting the ZO considering I own some of the most bass heavy headphones/IEM's? Mind that I am a complete basshead, 90-95% of music I listen is drum and bass.
Thanks for any advice given!

BTW
I am completely happy with the bass of my Atrio's but for some reason I would appreciate more bass out of my PRO 900's 
blink.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #130 of 607
Yea I believe already v1 had slightly more output power than E11 and ZO2 has even more than v1. Pro 900 isn't even that demanding, ZO2 will be more than fine in that aspect.

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #131 of 607
So you are saying that I can without regret sell my Fiio E11 and get myself on the ZO train? :))
Any of you think it would be a great improvement on my Pro900's?

Quote:
Yea I believe already v1 had slightly more output power than E11 and ZO2 has even more than v1. Pro 900 isn't even that demanding, ZO2 will be more than fine in that aspect.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the ZO has more output power than the e11 and in a smaller package.  I haven't heard the e11 but based on specs the ZO should drive anything it does.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #132 of 607
I'm not going to say that, since I haven't heard the e11 but the ZO is going to give you much better bass options/settings/controls.  I'd recommend keeping the e11 until you got the ZO and sell whichever you no longer need.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #133 of 607
I think it'll be an improvement. I could give some impressions when my Zo 2 arrives if you'd like.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #134 of 607
The thing is I don't really want to wait till other people get it and then crave for the ZO even longer ;D I am considering to per-order one in the next few hours of I get convinced it is worth it :)

Quote:
I think it'll be an improvement. I could give some impressions when my Zo 2 arrives if you'd like.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #135 of 607
How about you:
Preorder
See if you like it
Keep it
OR sell it when there is no stock leftover for a little premium 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back