The Zishan dsd's corner
Jul 25, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #916 of 3,711
I know this will sound both rude and stupid. However, I still have to ask due to m curiosity. Nevertheless, pls pardon me. Aren't those removed caps coupling caps of L+, L-, R+, R- signals? This is based on the datasheet of AK4497.
1806052151244bbb3615414f38.jpg
I removed OUTPUT decoupling caps, bringing their terminals.
On the photo INPUT caps are temporarily removed, but they are essential and could not be permanently removed and bridged.

Jul 27, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #917 of 3,711
Hi, Just acquired this player yesteday..
happy with the SQ.. previously using Z3.. clearly improvement in audio

stupid my.. due my curiosity for changing the opamp.. i open the player.. bottom first.. then pull the PCB.. and the LCD was scratch, vertical deep scratch :frowning2: (on the LCD.. not on the outside), the LCD was grinded by the brass button..
now i have a great sounding DAP with ugly appearance LoL.. good thing this was not a video player.. so i do not need to look at the screen most the time...

too bad so sad.. :D

i notice there is bug in the play order ..
if i set to Folder play.. if skip next song too fast.. the player would hang and shutdown... (change microsd still the same.. so i think not sd problem), tried fat32 / exfat.. no -good..

but i i set the play order to ALL... no issue , no hang..

anyone have this bug

i'm on 0. 4H (AK4497)

... one more thing.. anyone know what is the circle icon on the status bar.. sometimes green , sometimes gets red.. , is it something like ram usage/buffer

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #918 of 3,711
due my curiosity for changing the opamp.. i open the player.. bottom first.. then pull the PCB.. and the LCD was scratch, vertical deep scratch
Yeah, I have the same problem. May be a little better as I scratched 2 or 3 cm. I am used to this scratch now. I though I'd grind it too but was told it wouldn't help much. Thus, I did not. Stupid of us, huh?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #919 of 3,711
Yeah, I have the same problem. May be a little better as I scratched 2 or 3 cm. I am used to this scratch now. I though I'd grind it too but was told it wouldn't help much. Thus, I did not. Stupid of us, huh?

Hehehe indeed,

Last night i apply this universal privacy screenguard which darken the screen while not turned on... Helps a lot with the appearance, and masked the visible scratch... at least i did not see the scratch too often.

If it turned on i still see the sratch.. but thats something i need to lived with heheheIMG_20180728_082057.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #920 of 3,711
if i set to Folder play.. if skip next song too fast.. the player would hang and shutdown... (change microsd still the same.. so i think not sd problem), tried fat32 / exfat.. no -good..

anyone have this bug

i'm on 0. 4H (AK4497)

I have too on old ak4495 version, but didn't notice it before latest firmware (04h)..

Jul 28, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #921 of 3,711
https://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-remove-scratches-from-plastic/
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...oLC-RLcios39-HEXOwQaAg28EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
happy with the SQ.. previously using Z3.. clearly improvement in audio

stupid my.. due my curiosity for changing the opamp.. i open the player.. bottom first.. then pull the PCB.. and the LCD was scratch, vertical deep scratch :frowning2: (on the LCD.. not on the outside), the LCD was grinded by the brass button..
now i have a great sounding DAP with ugly appearance LoL.. good thing this was not a video player.. so i do not need to look at the screen most the time...

too bad so sad.. :D

anyone have this bug

i'm on 0. 4H (AK4497)

... one more thing.. anyone know what is the circle icon on the status bar.. sometimes green , sometimes gets red.. , is it something like ram usage/buffer

Jul 30, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #923 of 3,711

hmm.. i might end up make the screen unusable if cracked.. i think i can live with the scratch after 'hiding' it with privacy screenguard.

Check out eBay seller: "shenglongsi". He may sell that screen in his store. Lord knows he has everything else. He is also quick to answer questions about the items he? sells. Including the Zishan DSD.
Thanks for the info, but seems His store have no item for sale.... maybe already closed.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #924 of 3,711
Last Night, replaced the Opamp with MUSES 8920.. SQ more clear.. and output is louder, given the same volume setting...

but there is something i noticed with this player.. even with the muses 8920 installed.. when i played back the same file (DSD64) , on my Fiio X3II the soundstage is a lot wider.. (more "3D" space).. compared with this Zishan.. maybe the characteristic of this zishan? but i also found the zishan's sound is more "fuller", have body.

anyone have compared?

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #926 of 3,711
Seems not available on my region, Indonesia... As i see 0 item for sale... With the link you provided

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #928 of 3,711
Anyone can share how long do you charge this player.. mine is more than 4-5 hours..
when i see on my USB ampere meter.. the charging rate is about only 300-500mA ...

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #930 of 3,711

anyone have this bug

i'm on 0. 4H (AK4497)

Allow me to speculate about the bug. How much free space do you have on your SD card? I get random bugs, including the one mentioned, when I fill the card up too much. I have best results when I leave about 1 gigabyte free space. Coinsidance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back