The Zishan dsd's corner
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #2,791 of 3,711
Did you measured any DC voltage offset at R0?

Сonstant voltage within normal limits. However, it is 10 more in the right channel than in the left. This is due to the poor quality of capacitors in LPF.

Is it ok that R3 (buf output) is short circuited

R3 = 3 Omh. You can set 10 Omh. It depends on the impedance of your headphones. In fact, for 634, the installation of R0 is possible.
The fact that neither the 3 Omh or 10 Omh will not save the headphones from a short circuit. Formally, 100 Ohms and capacitors are installed in Zishan for this in stock. My capacitors are removed, and the resistance is reduced.
From a technical point of view, this can kill your headphones if something goes wrong. Any modification is done at your own peril and risk.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #2,792 of 3,711
I'm currently looking to buy a DSD but I don't know which one should I buy, I'm not looking to mod them (not good at soldering) so I'm looking for the most powerful and best sounding in stock but probably not the 4499 tho bcs of their battery only last 4hrs

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #2,793 of 3,711
hi
i want to buy zishan dsd single4497(not interested in other version) but i read that 4497 model has bad sound issue for low ohm iem.
if i use my philips x2(32ohm) headphone via 3.5 mm and my rose mojito(15 ohm) earbud via balanced ..will i have low ohm sound issue ? i will use on usb dac mode only

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #2,794 of 3,711
hi
i want to buy zishan dsd single4497(not interested in other version) but i read that 4497 model has bad sound issue for low ohm iem.
if i use my philips x2(32ohm) headphone via 3.5 mm and my rose mojito(15 ohm) earbud via balanced ..will i have low ohm sound issue ? i will use on usb dac mode only
my dm6 with 20 ohm impedance has low hissing with standard issue single 4497 it was ignorable for me tbh, x2 is safe. but i read here somewhere the improper impedance will cut the low freq of your iem. also it might be subjective, but using zishan as DAC will noticeable ecrease its sound quality compared to use it as a DAP, not to.mention it got a pretty bad compatibility with UAPP if you use it.

I'm currently looking to buy a DSD but I don't know which one should I buy, I'm not looking to mod them (not good at soldering) so I'm looking for the most powerful and best sounding in stock but probably not the 4499 tho bcs of their battery only last 4hrs
if you are a critical listener, standard issue single 4497 has that weird imaging where the bass felt like it was from miles away, the high was also got weird incoherent extension sound, it different from treble extension, ignoreable if you use warm iem but noticeable if you used a treble sensitive iem. overall the single 4497 is still a pretty good DAP out of the box, but you will notice one or few things are wrong, its like eating food with high quality material that doesnt cooked correctly. on the other hand ak 4495 is the calmer, lower profile version compared to single 4497, it doesnt really stand out but it has less fault compared to single 4497

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #2,796 of 3,711
i didn't try the balanced output when my Zishan was in its original state, but DSD was infamous for its balanced output skipping some amp module that makes the sound less powered and feel bland compared to its SE output, therefore it shouldn't produce hiss with its very low power (cmiiw)

Jun 17, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #2,797 of 3,711
I see
my dm6 with 20 ohm impedance has low hissing with standard issue single 4497 it was ignorable for me tbh, x2 is safe. but i read here somewhere the improper impedance will cut the low freq of your iem. also it might be subjective, but using zishan as DAC will noticeable ecrease its sound quality compared to use it as a DAP, not to.mention it got a pretty bad compatibility with UAPP if you use it.

if you are a critical listener, standard issue single 4497 has that weird imaging where the bass felt like it was from miles away, the high was also got weird incoherent extension sound, it different from treble extension, ignoreable if you use warm iem but noticeable if you used a treble sensitive iem. overall the single 4497 is still a pretty good DAP out of the box, but you will notice one or few things are wrong, its like eating food with high quality material that doesnt cooked correctly. on the other hand ak 4495 is the calmer, lower profile version compared to single 4497, it doesnt really stand out but it has less fault compared to single 4497
I see, have you tried the newer DSDS series with the dual 4497 and 4499?

Jun 18, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #2,798 of 3,711
I want to show you something.

4499.jpg

These are the minimum changes that each owner needs to make 4499.

R82 - 82 ohm resistor, and so on. С220-470 - means that you can choose any option, but not less than 220uF 16V

Thank you for sharing this. Apart of modifications you post in this photo, do you have other modification idea?

Jun 18, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #2,799 of 3,711
Is there nowhere for 0.4L firmware? I flashed 0.5b without knowing I would not be able to find the files to flash it back to 0.4L which is what my player came with. Flashing anything below(?) 0.4L (k, i, h, g) gives me a white screen (still functions properly though and the 3.5mm is fine, unlike 0.5b where it's gone quieter, but I can see the UI in 0.5b only) :disappointed_relieved:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #2,800 of 3,711
do you have other modification idea?

Yes, there are many ideas. It is necessary to replace the capacitors in the low-pass filter, install decoupling capacitors on the digital board, replace LDO with better ones. But all this will affect the sound to a lesser extent. I showed that it significantly affects.

I would also like to try the Burson V5i in Zishan. I think it will be very interesting :beyersmile:

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #2,801 of 3,711
i didn't try the balanced output when my Zishan was in its original state, but DSD was infamous for its balanced output skipping some amp module that makes the sound less powered and feel bland compared to its SE output, therefore it shouldn't produce hiss with its very low power (cmiiw)
so you mean that possibly no low ohm issue on balanced mod?sorry for question

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #2,802 of 3,711
Is there nowhere for 0.4L firmware? I flashed 0.5b without knowing I would not be able to find the files to flash it back to 0.4L which is what my player came with. Flashing anything below(?) 0.4L (k, i, h, g) gives me a white screen (still functions properly though and the 3.5mm is fine, unlike 0.5b where it's gone quieter, but I can see the UI in 0.5b only) :disappointed_relieved:
Try this. It has K, L, H and G versions

https://yadi.sk/d/nlFB-87o3Ubefx

Jun 19, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #2,804 of 3,711
Yes, there are many ideas. It is necessary to replace the capacitors in the low-pass filter, install decoupling capacitors on the digital board, replace LDO with better ones. But all this will affect the sound to a lesser extent. I showed that it significantly affects.

I would also like to try the Burson V5i in Zishan. I think it will be very interesting :beyersmile:

I've used this with great result on my Zishan AK4497 single. You might want to try it, quite a cheaper op-amp to the Burson.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7nhQWo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back