The Zero MOD Thread - 24/192 DAC/H/Amp
Nov 21, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #136 of 180
Shampoo...wrap that HDAM in electrical tape before you have a short with one of those exposed solder points on the main board pcb...(clock can or other metal contacts).

You've been lucky so far...don't tempt fate bro.

Peete.

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #137 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shampoo...wrap that HDAM in electrical tape before you have a short with one of those exposed solder points on the main board pcb...(clock can or other metal contacts).

You've been lucky so far...don't tempt fate bro.

Peete.

Oh man thanks for the heads up Pete! I probably would have left it there that way until it got a short one day.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #138 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by shampoosuicide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man thanks for the heads up Pete! I probably would have left it there that way until it got a short one day.

Glad to help Shammer......the middle pin you pointed out (RCA outs assembly) is the correct spot for the HDAM ground lead !!!

Peete.

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #139 of 180
Okay so I built a little cradle for the HDAM out of some old callings cards, and covered it with electrical tape. Does this look alright?

3050247198_6784a49a21.jpg

Also, I have no soldering skills whatsoever, so I clipped the ground wire of the HDAM to the earth leg of the RCA jack. Is this okay?

3049407631_b3ef8fcfed.jpg

Anything else I need to work on now?
redface.gif

3049407451_07db85da49.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #141 of 180
Looks good Shammer......

Peete.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #142 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good going.
smily_headphones1.gif
This is what I did:

main.php

Ahh... A far simpler and elegant solution. Should have thought of that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good Shammer......

Peete.

Thanks for the help again, all. Now I can sit back and enjoy my music
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #143 of 180
Can someone please post a big picture showing exactly where the soldering or alligator clip touches RCA ground?

I'm a little confused if I got it right on where exactly I should ground - I mean there are some "dents" (don't know the English term to it) separating L and R channel to ground, right?

(by the way, if I did right, there was no difference in sound quality to me)

Thanks!

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #145 of 180
Unfortunately my ZERO was broken because of my mistake. So I got the second unit, removed some components of the first one and took a picture of the PCB around the DAC opamp. Hope this could help someone:

zero_pcb.jpg

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #148 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by raekwonse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried upgrading the stock power cable on the Zero? I was thinking of getting an Iron Lung Jellyfish or a Zu Birth cable for it. Thanks.

Yup...just about anything is better than the POS it comes with......well worth trying...no need to spend stupid money on it though...Audio Advisor has a incredible deal on for Tributaries power cords...19.99 for a killer mains cable (1.5 ft) 12 ft is 30US.

Peete.

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #150 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by raekwonse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems like the Tributaries power cord is sold out now. It's not on the website. I might just go for the Zu Birth cord. Thanks!

Wow that was fast.........I should have picked up a couple myself but thought they'd be around for a few more weeks.....that was a great deal....sorry you didn't get in on it

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back