The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Jul 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #1,366 of 1,799
I'm not at home right now to check bit do these things come with a warranty if I bought them from Japan?

They come with a Japanese warranty which I don't believe you can use unless you live there. I wonder if you could use Tenso as a middle man.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,367 of 1,799
Quote:
Hey guys I've recently run into a bit of a problem with my Ws99s where the right ear cup is becoming loose right at the point of the swivel. It's quite annoying to think that I've only had them for 2months. But I've taken great care of them.
Has anyone come across this too?

I actually had this problem also out-of-the-box. It hasn't really bothered me when I use it though so I haven't done anything about it yet. You can actually use the warranty in the US also, just go onto the North American AT site to look up the details. I was able to send in my AD900X that I bought through Tenso to be serviced in the US under warranty.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,368 of 1,799
That's great! We'll never the less I live in New Zealand so I'm sure postage prices may be around the same to get it to either country! Haha, oh well..

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #1,370 of 1,799
Quote:
The sound stage is much better as well, it is wider and taller than the 580, but there is a pinch of sibilance (only on some tracks) there which irks me somewhat. I am hoping after a longer burn in period or an ear pad upgrade this will change.   
All in all, I am happy I bought them, but I would not pay more than $200 for these. A big review will be coming after a week or two.

That's interesting you notice sibilance with these. To me there is none at all. Maybe I'm just used to other cans that hit the really high highs, but to me these are a relaxing break from more sibilant headphones.
Quote:
Hey guys I've recently run into a bit of a problem with my Ws99s where the right ear cup is becoming loose right at the point of the swivel. It's quite annoying to think that I've only had them for 2months. But I've taken great care of them.
Has anyone come across this too?

I had the same problem. There is a screw leading up to where the earcup connects that you can tighten. You might need to take the earcup off to get to it.

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #1,371 of 1,799
holyy sheet. 92 pages of comments for ws99s? niceee. Anyways.. after using these for months they still sound amazing and they get relatively comfier over time. I stretched 'em out by hand and put 'em on the box they came in over nights (without the ear pads on, they are shallow enough,  don't want to squish them more) that decreased their pressure on my head and ears significantly and made headphones much more comfier, but they still don't fall off easily.  

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #1,372 of 1,799
Well you don't want your nice WS99 falling off your head. That is a good way to scratch them or worse yet break something. I am glad they are getting more comfy for you. Most headphones loosen up over time so these should eventually get to a good stage of comfy and clamp.

I have been burning my WS99 here and there and I don't know if it is just me but these sound better than they ever have at this point..I have a firm understanding of the sound characteristics of these cans yet every time I hear them they seem to be getting less warmer in tone. Don't know if the mid bass has tightened up but that is what would cause this. In any case my pair sounds better and better the longer I have them it seems. Just like how my CKS1000 turned out. 

I like to keep burning in my headphones and earphones as I have a dedicated burn in station I just leave a bunch of my favorites hooked up to it..At this point I have no idea how many hours these been playing.. A bit too long perhaps. Lol. But I can't deny the results.

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #1,374 of 1,799
Quote:
Well you don't want your nice WS99 falling off your head. That is a good way to scratch them or worse yet break something. I am glad they are getting more comfy for you. Most headphones loosen up over time so these should eventually get to a good stage of comfy and clamp.

I have been burning my WS99 here and there and I don't know if it is just me but these sound better than they ever have at this point..I have a firm understanding of the sound characteristics of these cans yet every time I hear them they seem to be getting less warmer in tone. Don't know if the mid bass has tightened up but that is what would cause this. In any case my pair sounds better and better the longer I have them it seems. Just like how my CKS1000 turned out. 

I like to keep burning in my headphones and earphones as I have a dedicated burn in station I just leave a bunch of my favorites hooked up to it..At this point I have no idea how many hours these been playing.. A bit too long perhaps. Lol. But I can't deny the results.

cks1000
I never understood why one would prefer iem's over fullsized headphones
are the cks1000 just as loud and just as detailed as the ws99
how is the bass
just curious being that Ive had 2 in ear type of phones one being the ibuds that came with my phone and neither could compare to full sized to me
yet I am intrigued by all the interest here at head fi

Jul 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,375 of 1,799
They are actually more detailed than the WS99. You can hear more micro details over the WS99. The highs have a touch more presence on the CKS1000 so it gives a better sense of clarity. Equally deep and just as wide sounding as the WS99 believe it or not. It sounds like you have never heard a proper in ears before. I am a fan of both.. I greatly prefer my in ears over my headphones in public. I think you would be surprised if you heard how good the CKS1000 are or any higher end earphone for that matter. I know guys that don't like things in their ears do not like in ears but for me I am used to both and both types of cans have a place for me..A grand sounding fullsized headphones are just that but a finely tuned iem comes amazingly close without having a can on your head.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,376 of 1,799
yeah I actually think I am one of those who just don't like things in my ear but I am open minded enough to concede that yes,
that could be because I have never had a pair of decent,COMFORTABLE iem's
I recently bought the ws99 in fact they haven't arrived yet but should in a day or two...
my next purchase will def be a pair of mid to high end iems just to see whats all the fuss about
do you recommend if I like the ws99 sound sig to stay within the solid bass line

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #1,378 of 1,799
I like hip hop
so of course I want bass 
but I also want the clarity to hear the other details of the song
Im coming from the ath-m50s which were great but not quite enough bass
not to say it wasnt good I just needed more

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,380 of 1,799
I like hip hop
so of course I want bass 
but I also want the clarity to hear the other details of the song
Im coming from the ath-m50s which were great but not quite enough bass
not to say it wasnt good I just needed more

The 99s are about the same as far as quantity of bass goes so if you're looking for more you'll need to look elsewhere. The quality of the bass is better of course but that's not what you said you were looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back